New Girl from Cali

aurakle

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm Regina and I'm a hard-of-hearing 24 year old from California. I've been losing my hearing since I was very young and recently its been getting a lot worse. I'm completely new to the deaf community and I'm hoping to learn as much about it as possible, especially because I expect the rest of my hearing to go at any time. I'm about to start learning sign language too. Any tips?

Hi everybody! I'm Regina and I'm a hard-of-hearing 24 year old from California. I've been losing my hearing since I was very young and recently its been getting a lot worse. I'm completely new to the deaf community and I'm hoping to learn as much about it as possible, especially because I expect the rest of my hearing to go at any time. I'm about to start learning sign language too. Any tips?

really you live in saskatoon close regina? I am confused you live on regina?
I thought to you Califiornia!

Start taking ASL classes whether it is at your local community college or nonprofit. Once you reach level 2 status, then start going out to local Deaf events and go from there.

Good luck and :welcome: to AD!

Sorry for the confusion. My name is Regina. I live in Los Angeles, California.

oh I understand I am puzzled make sure city regina my saskatoon :lol:

different city,

welcome to see you enjoy

nice to meet to you Regina!

really you live in saskatoon close regina? I am confused you live on regina?
I thought to you Califiornia!

Start taking ASL classes whether it is at your local community college or nonprofit. Once you reach level 2 status, then start going out to local Deaf events and go from there.

Good luck and :welcome: to AD!

I can't afford to pay for classes unfortunately, so I'm going to at least start out with free online info. I know its not as good as real live classes, but its all I can do at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be able to take real classes soon.

welcome Regina! trying to learn ASL outside of a classroom might be a bit challenging. I wish you good luck! Keep coming back here and don't be shy to speak up. Asking questions is the best way to get answers.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You can learn to sign with the Deaf people at the Deaf social events. They sign with the voice off, but the Deaf people would like to chat without teaching you to sign so you have to try to understand what they are saying even if you learn to sign from the online ASL. It is a lot better if you learn how to sign with the person like in the ASL classes. What about California Hearing Society in your area? I don't know if they can provide you ASL classes for free. You just have to ask them. I used to live in Riverside, California and also Los Angeles. Just a few years there. That was a long time ago almost 40 years ago.

Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

if u want to learn sign language u can talk to deaf people on skype ? and im deaf person too nice to meet you im from calli too

I think there some confusion here, so let me clear this up.

My name is Regina. I am not from Regina, or anywhere else in Canada. I'm from Los Angeles, California.

*Looks left* :dunno2: *Looks right*

Don't worry Regina, There is bound to be a little confusion in every thread. :lol:

hi regina! nice to meet you. i just moved to california (laguna) recently and am just figuring out things too. seems there's lots of people around to help out on here. i was thinking of going to some of the meetups ... i was told there's a deaf group who get together and have dinner periodically around here somewhere. have you gone to any of them?

Back