New girl and learning ASL-can any one help?

Pinker Pink

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Pinker Pink from Georgia. I am currently taking my first ASL 1 class in College and I'd like some extra help learning the language and hopefully make a lot of new friends along the way. Anyone interested in helping a newbie learn?

Bottesini, was that a first lesson for me? Help me understand, plz.

It's a link to a thread where ASL students put their names and Skype accounts to find other students to practice with.

There is also a group on Google where you can meet with other students.

You will find it , probably on the last page of the thread that I linked you to.

So no, it isn't a lesson. It is a response to your request for people to help you learn ASL.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy being here and having fun with us. See you around here. :wave:

pinker pink. I just sent you my number. I'm hoh I'm 24 female and live in stone mountain ga. need a friend since I don't really have anyone to talk to. I have sudden hearing loss so I get lonely.

Last edited:
Ok, being in the line of work that I am (I work in Violence Prevention at a DV shelter), I have to say something a little off topic... :topic:

Sweetkisses89- you might want to edit your post and remove your phone number. I know a lot of people don't think about placing stuff like that online but it's really not the best idea. If you want her to have your number, send her a private message with it in it. You just posted not only your age, sex, and general location (Stone Mountain might be a big area, but that is still telling part of your location) and then your phone number on a public forum where ANYONE (even people just popping in from an internet search, you don't have to be a registered user to read most of the forums here I don't think) could pick that information up and use it (possibly not so nice people)... Sorry, not trying to pick or anything but just be careful what information you put on the internet, especially phone numbers and other personal information like that. Just looking out for you! :wave:

Wow! This is really helpful! I'm also in a beginning ASL class trying to figure out more of the grammar. Thank you for the link!

your welcome no problem,

you are happy,

you learn exciting asl grammar interesting :)

ASLPro.com Home <---- this is a great online dictionary that uses video clips. it puts words into phrases and puts things in context, it is actually quite helpful

Back