new gal from texas :)

marie859

Reaction score
hey there,
im hoh and new to the deaf community and im trying to find deaf friends and hoh friends. i hope no one discriminates me and that i can hopefully meet some great people. im super friendly and my asl is decent but not that great, so i need some friends to talk to so i can become a better signer :P
cant wait to chat wit some of you

-marie <3

Hi Marie,
I am from San Antonio, Texas and looking for friends who are local to me. Do you happen to leave nearby? I know it's far fetched since Texas is big. Hope to see you around on AllDeaf more. Welcome!

Jennifer

Jennifer Ruff | Facebook

dang!! no, im in lubbock! :/ there really isnt much up here so ive resorted to online friends because i honestly dont even know if a deaf community exists here haha.

Hahaha, every time I read "asl" not capitalized, I think of that a/s/l? thing that was so popular to say as an online greeting back in the day.

Hi. :P

Hahaha, every time I read "asl" not capitalized, I think of that a/s/l? thing that was so popular to say as an online greeting back in the day.

Hi. :P

I'm sorry you don't look anywhere near old enough to say things like "back in the day" lol

dang!! no, im in lubbock! :/ there really isnt much up here so ive resorted to online friends because i honestly dont even know if a deaf community exists here haha.

There is some deaf social in Lubbock as I know of...

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will learn a lot about issues here on AllDeaf. So relax and enjoy reading all the posts here. See you around here. :wave:

I'm a hearing male from Texas as well (the Corpus Christi area to be exact) and I'm just now getting into the deaf community (I actually just joined this site today). My mother, who lost hearing in her left side at age 4 is starting to lose hearing in her right side as well. Due to this I've been learning ASL and teaching her what I learn, we do my homework from school together, etc.
There's my story, so welcome to this site from a fellow Texan newbie.

Back