New from Florida

artr

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm very new to this. I've been a hearie all my life. It seems that things happened very quickly in my situation. My tinnitus started in October of this past year and it is constantly with me, 24/7. (...it's a high pitch squeal) Last month I was diagnosed with high-frequency hearing loss in both ears. This seems to make some words unintelligible at times and I get my hearing aids in February. So I guess I might be considered HoH?
It just seems this happened so fast, but I guess it can be progressive or sudden.

Thanks for the welcome rockin'robin and Bottesini!

HI artr - I am new here too. I am 26 years old deaf in my right ear with hearing loss in my left that degrades over time - not so quickly like yours. Hearing aids are pretty cool if you ask me (though I've worn them my whole life).

Hi Hoh112, it's nice to meet you! Thank you for your valued opinion on hearing aids. I'm sure there will be some getting used to them.
I used to live in Lubbock, TX and moved to Florida in 1996. I do prefer Tx. haha

welcome! (my mother has high frequency hearing loss starting from moderate to profound)

*miss me? I finally have a new computer!!!*

I had a dear friend that got a virus and woke up with tinnitus one day and lost her hearing , she never got rid of her tinnitus . So I know this can be very hard to live with .

Hi Sarfarigirl2011 and thanks for the welcome!
How long has your mother had her hearing loss?

Hi, whatdidyousay!
Did your dear friend experience total hearing loss after the virus and still have tinnitus? I've been wondering about that.

Hi, whatdidyousay!
Did your dear friend experience total hearing loss after the virus and still have tinnitus? I've been wondering about that.

She had some hearing left but the tinnitus made it harder for her to understand ,what was being said to her. She had surgery to tried and stop her tinnitus but it did not help at all. She was no longer able to play the piano or give lessons .

She had some hearing left but the tinnitus made it harder for her to understand ,what was being said to her. She had surgery to tried and stop her tinnitus but it did not help at all. She was no longer able to play the piano or give lessons .

I can kind of relate to doing something you love and then not able to anymore. I can only imagine that she may have experienced some depression and frustration.

Edit: Oops, I just welcomed you again. Maybe I should have some coffee and then come back more awake! :giggle:

Back