New Deaf, and new to AllDeaf

Rory, that's awesome!!!!!! They do have dhh programs at hearing schools which can be awesome. Ask your school about those....and there's the school for the Deaf too. California School for the Deaf, Riverside (CSDR)*|*California School for the Deaf, Riverside (CSDR) offers comprehensive eductional and extra-curricular programs that prepare students to achieve their full academic, social, and career potential.
And I mean there are Deaf camps where you can learn ASL etc...I think that would be right up your alley!

@deafdyke & Rory-

are you both in southern california? I am looking for some deaf friends to sign with. Once I learn the basics I want to volunteer with the deaf.

Last edited:
:welcome: to AD!

educatedguess...I have a few friends who work at Riverside. Hope you get to volunteer there. :)

Rory, that's awesome!!!!!! They do have dhh programs at hearing schools which can be awesome. Ask your school about those....and there's the school for the Deaf too. California School for the Deaf, Riverside (CSDR)*|*California School for the Deaf, Riverside (CSDR) offers comprehensive eductional and extra-curricular programs that prepare students to achieve their full academic, social, and career potential.
And I mean there are Deaf camps where you can learn ASL etc...I think that would be right up your alley!

Thanks deafdyke. I'll be sure to look into it :)

Back