new cochlear implants (Freedom)

da_joker

Reaction score
hello boys and girls

hi my name is mathew stephens... im 19 and from Australia

i had a cochlear implant sinces i was a baby and now using latest one is freedom... which is good and can hear better then old ones...

anyone from Australia on here???

well bye

cheers matt

Hi Matt,
You will find several nucleus users in here, and quite a few from Australia. Not from there myself, though I do have an Aunt and two cousins there. Welcome!

Thanks... isnt America way in front in tech of cochlear implants??? we pretty way behind on cochlear implants....

i got Girl Friend who has a cochlear implant too :)

Hi!

I'm 19 this month and I have a Nucleus Freedom!

I would love to visit Australia!

Thanks... isnt America way in front in tech of cochlear implants??? we pretty way behind on cochlear implants....

I wouldn't think you would be that far behind since all three companies are world wide. Perhaps it is just regions in Australia that haven't caught up? I know there are parts of the US that are behind other parts of the country.

I wouldn't think you would be that far behind since all three companies are world wide. Perhaps it is just regions in Australia that haven't caught up? I know there are parts of the US that are behind other parts of the country.

well i thought Australia would be behind... just want know whats new atm... but im liking my new freedom... its not really different to the old ones....

do ya guys pay for ya batteries??

here in Australia have to pay for batteries if ya 21 or over.... :(

NO! Australia is is the leader and founder of multichannel cochlear implant technology. US came second with Advanced Bionics and then Med-El third from Europe.

I understand 3M had worked on SINGLE CHANNEL technology long time ago and never took off.

well i thought Australia would be behind... just want know whats new atm... but im liking my new freedom... its not really different to the old ones....

do ya guys pay for ya batteries??

here in Australia have to pay for batteries if ya 21 or over.... :(
I got a box of disposable batteries with my "Cochlear kit", as well as two rechargeable batteries. Once the box is gone, I will have to pay for them. As for the rechargeable ones, they are good for a year, then I can have them replaced..at least I think that is what my audi said.

hello boys and girls

hi my name is mathew stephens... im 19 and from Australia

i had a cochlear implant sinces i was a baby and now using latest one is freedom... which is good and can hear better then old ones...

anyone from Australia on here???

well bye

cheers matt

Hi Matt,

I have question for you. (by the way I am new here :) ) U had CI since u were baby. How many times did you change CI? Just once with new Freedom? I was told that when the baby grows and need change CI due to size from small to bigger when get older. So since you did get CI when u were baby and now you're 19 yrs old so would like to know the fact. Thanks. :)

Deaf mom of 3 there is websites that would give you the info on CI. I can't give you the link since mine is Cochlear europe and it won't open in States and i can't open State's link either since I am in Europe, Ok. Happy reading

Back