New CI having major issues

kelly28

Reaction score
I am having an awful go of it and was hoping someone might have an idea as to what is going on -I had my implant surgery 1 week ago and I have been experiencing horrible pain in the ear canal,behind my eye,face & side of my head above the incision the incision looks good no sign of infection no fever just pain on morphine which only takes the edge off for an hour or so I am also bruised on my lip and from my ear lobe down to my collar bone anyone experience this? Seeing my surgeon on Friday
I'm 53 have muscular Dystrophy & sjorgrens too
Thank you!

Your surgeon is the person to evaluate the ongoing conditions since your Cochlear Implant operation a week ago. also, what can be done-forthwith.

aiside: I was 70 when I had my Cochlear Implant operation and -luckily-didn't have the problems you list.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of "fixing" the conditions.

Much success in your immediate future.

Thank you saw the Dr and he figures it is the muscular dystrophy so continue the morphine and other pain meds until it either fixes itself or I see a neurologist

That is a start from the surgeon. I guess you should make an appointment with a neurologist- as soon as possible.

again much success in the immediate future as the "externals" can be activated.
aside: I was 4 weeks from the operation.

Back