New Business- Need Logo advice

It took me about half an hour to design a business logo with the computer's paint program. They are using it. :P

If you don't mind me asking, what paint program did you use and how user friendly is it? It is something that I would have to draw what I want or can I pick and choose from several options? Do you know of any other print programs that might be helpful in this situation? It is beginning to look like this may be my only option for right now. Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what paint program did you use and how user friendly is it? It is something that I would have to draw what I want or can I pick and choose from several options? Do you know of any other print programs that might be helpful in this situation? It is beginning to look like this may be my only option for right now. Thanks

It was simply the Paint program in accessories. They wanted me to design A-1 in 3-D form. It was pretty easy to do; I made about three samples and they picked one.
Depending on now good an artist you are, I see no problem with you designing your own. That is just me, though. The others here seem to think it need be so expensive to have a good logo and I say Phooey to that.

wow I love it. I would say for that logo for nonprofit org, it would cost me at least $2,000.

this is what I have on my bike -

5974_844528336369_8825246_48132582_5579161_n.jpg

Nice!

It was simply the Paint program in accessories. They wanted me to design A-1 in 3-D form. It was pretty easy to do; I made about three samples and they picked one.
Depending on now good an artist you are, I see no problem with you designing your own. That is just me, though. The others here seem to think it need be so expensive to have a good logo and I say Phooey to that.

People have to make a living out of their profession, you know. I generally charge somewhere between $20 to $50 per hour, sometimes more depending on what the expectations and conditions are.

People have to make a living out of their profession, you know. I generally charge somewhere between $20 to $50 per hour, sometimes more depending on what the expectations and conditions are.

Oh, I know that.
I didn't charge them anything. :lol:

I found it. I did not know it was there but I am not talented enough to use it. You must be a really good artist. I need a program that will allow me to pick and choose. I guess that leaves only clip art and I have been on so many sites looking for an adorable dog in a big floppy chef's hat that my eyeballs are now crossed. No luck either. Lots of dogs--some adorable, some just pitiful--and lots of hats but none of them with hat and dog together. I know I can design a good logo with the right tools. Will just have to keep looking. Thanks

It must be tough now for a lot of graphic artists in today's economy so I sure do not begrudge you a good living. If you have clients that will pay those fees you are a talented man and I wish you every success.

I would use my dog paw print for a logo for dog cookies .Marty has the cutie little paws!

It must be tough now for a lot of graphic artists in today's economy so I sure do not begrudge you a good living. If you have clients that will pay those fees you are a talented man and I wish you every success.

Thank you. :)

I am experience logo design :) I am project to design lots of complication PS :cool:

I had a GREAT artist here in FL - Her name is Jennifer Kim. Her email address is Sungmina0@gmail.com

You can see the logo she did for my small sugar glider business here: contessacritters.weebly.com - Tell her Crystal Contessa sent you :)

She is VERY reasonable. I think I paid...$150?

Eyeth Studios created my logo including our website as well as advertisements, cards, shirts, banners, flyers and whatnot. They did an OUTSTANDING job on everything.

You need to visit all the various designer's websites and see which one has the style or flair that YOU are looking for regarding your business. Consider searchable hinderances when factoring in your design... for example... a dog paw wouldn't be as "searchable" via google. My company logo is searchable so I get quite a few hits.

Looks to be plenty of designers here. Go with who's work you LIKE first then weed them out according to price if you must but never under any circumstances... roll with the lowest bidder (not withstanding those who have generously and graciously donated their skills and time).

I wish you the best of luck! Remember... buy Deaf whenever possible. It helps stimulate economic growth within our communities.

Back