new audiogram and new hearing aid(s)

lovezebras

Reaction score
So, I went to a different audi and my hearing dropped in both ears. My left went down and the other audi I saw said I should maybe get another hearing aid and have two instead of one. So we are looking at exelias but with Canadian Hearing Society they want to charge me 150 for the Service Plan, 695 dispensing fee, and 2795 for ONE exelia, and a 70 dollar fee, minus 60 so ir would be 3650, and for 2 exelias it would be 6445 for both hearing aids and the service fees and stuff... that is ALOT more than my regular audi charges...
The exelia for ONE at my audi would only be 2 something but i can tade my UNA in for a full refund and the exelia for ONE would be brought down to 1740 which is a lot better! I would only need one ear mold if i need to get another ha and then the full cost of one ha which is still alot better than the full cost of 2. I don't have a service fee cuz i already go to the audi and i never had to pay for an audiogram or new tubing or adjustments...i think my service package was maybe 50 bucks if that cuz i honestly don't remember paying for any service plan

Frequency R L
250= 50 45
500= 50 45
1000=35 30
2000=35 35
b/w =35 40
4000=50 35
b/w= 50 35
8000=50 40

the b/w is in between the frequencies but the audigram was a bit confusing.
My MCL is 60dB in both ears and my SRT is 35 in my right and 25 in my left. My speech recognition was 95% in my right and 92% in my left which was interesting to me seeing as my right is my worse..so that confused me a bit..but their were 2 diff word lists...
My tympanometry was really good she said.

Oh she also looked at my audiogram and thinks considering my loss she thinks it's a genetic sensorineural loss

I'm sorry to hear that your hearing dropped....why does it drop down do you know why? is it because of the Ha's? i dunno the ha's i have are pretty good there my first and havent had a problem seimens sp BTE i had severe hearing loss in both ears but the slope on my test went up and down and i took two hearing test it went from serve to middle i guess its called from middle to medium back to severe......very bazare......i hope everything goes well with you new ha's if you get them i wish you had my aduio he would give you a discount on Ha's he doesnt beleive in paying the full price cuz he said he feels bad. Hes a very very nice man.

I am sorry to hear about your left hearing loss. :( That's good thing about you get another new HA.

Alicia,

I'm sorry about the drop in your hearing. :(

I'm glad you'll be able to trade in your Una to help reduce the price of the Exelia. I wish you all the best with your new aids once you get them!

So I am pretty sure I am going to go with 2 hearing aids as opposed to just the one ..this weekend i had alot of trouble understanding speech and i am thinking if i get two that will help alot. I have also decided to get the phonak exelias transparent color for sure. No iCom or mypilot tho as I have a smartlink sx and i think that's enough plus i do not need any more expenses as they exelias are already going to be expensive enough:) And my school is gladly getting me a new receiver if i need diff ones as well as a 2nd one neways for my left ha

I think it's awesome that your school is going to pay for a new receiver if you need one, Alicia. :)

By the way, I think getting two hearing aids as opposed to one will make it *so* much easier for you to hear. I think you'll really notice a big difference once you are able to hear in stereo.

Keep us updated as to how the Exelias work for you!

Oh Lordy, yur giving me flashbacks of buy HA's. I ain't ever buyin another pair of HA's again. If HA's fail or I do anything furthermore I just want CI.

Does any one know how the Naida compares to the Exelia?

I have the Naida

My hearing has dropped too.

Naida vs. Exelia

They are completely different products. Naida is for severe-profound loss. It works by taking the high frequency sounds that people with a severe-profound loss often cannot hear and bringing them to a frequency where there is more residual hearing.

The Exelia is a premium product that is feature rich. It doesn't have frequency transposition so if that is feature you have adjusted to, you may not want to consider the change.

I use Naidas.

Back