New ASL/deaf film FEATURE FILM completed titled: "Lexie Cannes"

ASLuser101

Reaction score
FYI,

A new feature film called "Lexie Cannes" with a deaf director and deaf actors using ASL has been completed. The website says they are submitting to festivals now.

The trailer looks exciting:

Can anybody tell me of other recent full length deaf-made feature films? Do you have a link?

Anyone going to the Deaf Rochester Film Festival?

I'm curious about feature films these days.:hmm:

Hey there! Long time no see!

That's a good question. I cannot say that I've seen any recently. Although I do recall a foreign film called Beyond Silence. That was from the 1990s. It was in a different sign language, but you get the idea.

Mostly, I just know that Mosdeux has done several short films. They did "A Permanent Grave" which was approximately 40 minutes to 50 minutes put all together, maybe an hour long. I'm not sure.

Hey there! Long time no see!

That's a good question. I cannot say that I've seen any recently. Although I do recall a foreign film called Beyond Silence. That was from the 1990s. It was in a different sign language, but you get the idea.

Mostly, I just know that Mosdeux has done several short films. They did "A Permanent Grave" which was approximately 40 minutes to 50 minutes put all together, maybe an hour long. I'm not sure.

Hey man, I've been off the boards everywhere for some time now. Just look at my obsolete username! Heh.

Making a feature film is a tough business, deaf or otherwise. I was just wondering if anyone else made a feature length film under the radar.

Anyway, I'm doing some early bird seed planting so members of the deaf community are aware of this film when it comes to play in a deaf film festival down the road.

But first I'm hitting the major (hearing) film festivals to see if I get a bite. Patience is the name of the game here.

Anyway, deaf film lovers, view the trailer and if you like it, tell your friends and get the word around.

Thanks everybody!

ps: Banjo, you got an email coming.

Back