New and lost...

JamieLynn

Reaction score
:wave: everybody,

I signed up here so I could learn more about deaf/hard of hearing people. Long story short, I am currently writing a story (writing is only a hobby of mine) and one of my character is deaf. (seriously what have I put myself into, since I have absolutely no clue!)

1. I don't know any people AT ALL who are either deaf or hard of hearing
2. I have never met or seen anybody in this country using sign language (huh?)... yeah... I think the only person I knew "hard of hearing" was my grandma :roll: but of course that's not really the same.

Thus I decided to find a nice place where I could learn more and I found this very interesting board :D I have already spent awhile reading as anonymous but I am sure that during my writing I will have rather regular (almost ridiculous) questions so if anybody is willing to help me out (for a longer period) that'd be great!

Anyway... here I am and can't wait to learn more!!!

:ty:
JamieLynn

Welcome to AD! We welcome new people with open arms, I am sure there is a lot of information that can source for the story of yours :)

I better crash on the floor so I am so so so so tired :zzz:

Wow, I barely signed up and so many replies!!!! That's so sweet of you! I'm also gonna crash soon... it's getting late here ;)

:ty:

:wave: Ms JamieLynn :kiss:

_awelcome.jpg

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. Just take one step at a time when you are new to ASL and other Deaf Culture and hopefully you will find any Deaf people in the Deaf communities. Right now you start with us and we will help you along the way. See you around. :wave:

Hi, JamieLynn!

You've came to the right place to collect various information that are related to this issue. Although, I am curious and interested to know this - What prompted you to write a story that has a character who is deaf?

By the way, Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

Hi, JamieLynn!

You've came to the right place to collect various information that are related to this issue. Although, I am curious and interested to know this - What prompted you to write a story that has a character who is deaf?

By the way, Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

Just posted my first round of question in the Our world section, figuring this would be the right place to do so...

What brought me on to write a story with a deaf character in it? Seriously? I have no clue... :D I love writing and in another story I used a wheelchair disabled character. I love the challenge I guess... Plus I learn a lot that way! I know probably not a smart answer, but that's the best I can come up with...

:laugh2:

JamieLynn

greets~

I (we) hope you enjoy your stay here.
Don't let some of the trolls get to you, you'll be able to smell 'em a mile away the instant you see one.
Some of us (not me I hope) are pretty defiant on certain views, be careful while expressing your views on a particular situation, especially if political. If you can't "take on the heat" that is.

Other than that, hope to see you around not just this month, but hopefully a year from now.
We're all some happy folks.. I think.

Hi JamieLynn, ca va? ( sorry, can't find bouton that makes wiggle thing under the "c"), j'appellle Mandy, j'suis "hearing", et j' parle pas Francaise, je parlais Franglais :) ! Okay, enough of murdering the French Language, I also write short stories and detective fiction, and I am learning South African Sign Language, for many MANY reasons. Nonetheless, I suggest you e-mail me outside this forum for discussion about hearing writing about Deaf, because this forum is for Deafies and Deaf issues, and maybe discussion falls outside of that? You can 'mail me at occulus@mweb.co.za.

Back