New and looking for Friends! :D

Sora

Reaction score
Hello,

Sora here, I'm Deaf in my left ear. ~85% deaf in my right ear, so guess you can call me HoH, I do have a hearing aid :D

Anyway, I wasn't HoH all my life, I had a accident invovling an explosion (and other complications) over a year ago but I'm really glad to finally be regaining hearing in my right ear. My family never did learn ASL, so I haven't had practice in it. :( Never had family help anyway, so I'm used to it. I did go to a ASL for 6 months before I moved so I do know finger=spelling, numbers, and a lot of basic signs. :)

If anyone wants to help me (or help yourself) practice sign language please send me a PM :D I mainly just need to build up speed and a bigger vocabulary.

Anyway, I'm a pretty positive person. I always look toward the future, so feel free to message me while I browse the forums haha. Laters ^^

:rofl:

Sora

Hi. I think eventually someone will create a thread for all the learners who want to practice.

But there are lots of others here that want to do that. Maybe you will run across some of them. :)

Hope so :D

I'm currently using a cam/messenger like program that has deaf rooms, but most rooms are strictly for deafies. I'll look for ASL practice rooms ^^ Who knows, might find one.
(Not sure of the Forum rules so I won't post the program name, PM me if you want it though)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi Sora! Welcome!
You can't PM anyone yet until you post 50 times :) Stay around and you'll find a lot of great people to chat and practice your ASL :D

See ya!

Thanks for all of the welcomes ^^ I plan to be around for awhile. Hopefully I can meet some new friends as well. :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Last edited:
Back