New and Joining In!

chrishrtmn

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :D

My name is Chris and I am 25 years old. I have been hard-of-hearing since I was diagnosed at 5 years old, and have worn hearing aids my whole life, and my hearing has come down to beneath 15-20% left, and roughly 25-30% with hearing aids. I've been blessed to learn and study lip-reading at an expert level since my childhood, and I'm currently interested in learning cued speech as this will help me understand friends/family easier along with lip-reading to catch the letters I can't differentiate. I am also learning sign language as well as this is currently the more adopted method of communication within the Deaf community.

Professionally, I'm an established web developer & designer with 5 years of experience working as a telecommuting contractor here in Ohio for an accomplished web firm based in Canada, and I freelance for web projects on the side when I have spare time. I am an 'want-preneur', someone who follows and is trying to become an professional entrepreneur with web/app start-ups - this is my current dream, to start my own successful start-up.

I've lurked the AllDeaf forums for a while now (over a year), but haven't yet made a post until tonight. I look forward to meeting new friends/people both locally and worldwide.

Feel free to ask me anything!

Cheers,
- Chris

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to AD! My name is Dee. It's nice to meet you. :)

hello every one I am new to this never knew about this a friend told me about it Hope to enjoy it

Why does it say you have been here one year?

Thanks Dee, nice to meet you too. =)

Bottesini - I've roamed around the forums for a while, but haven't bothered to make any posts yet until yesterday. Figured it's time to start being proactive eh?

Welcome to All Deaf, Chris!!! I'm O...HI...Oian! :wave:

What have I done.. Oh no.. lol, thanks everyone!

What's everyone's favorite thing to do on AllDeaf?

What kind of cookies do you have MushyCookies? I'm thinking the name speaks for itself lol.

Last edited:
Back