New and Confused...

55flowernymph

Reaction score
:cool: Hi everyone! I am totally NEW to this hearing loss from an infection and I sure could use some help and knowledge anyone may have! I can find the PHONES but not who to contact on getting service set up for a VCO phone or similar. :dunno: Any help would sure be appreciated! Thanks to you all ! :thumb:

:welcome: to AD! U cant contact the Vocational Rehab services in your area and go from there?

Hey Shel... Did you say CAN'T or CAN contact the Vocational Rehab...........? Just wondering! :giggle:
Believe me! I have tried everything! They always send me here/there/anywhere! Lord! I even tried the Area Agency on Aging and they told me I wasn't old enough for there services!

Last edited:
Believe me! I have tried everything! They always send me here/there/anywhere! Lord! I even tried the Area Agency on Aging and they told me I wasn't old enough for there services!

oh welcome to the club! I'm sick of being told something like "gee whiz, we don't usually help late deafened people like you, there's a group for hearing loss in the area but it's for senior citizens. it's too bad your in your mid twenties and need a job."

Ok, so I'm exaggerating.. just a bit. but I've gone to voc rehab and I know more about assistive technology than they do. my voc rehab contact wonders why I don't just use a TTY for everything

oh welcome to the club! I'm sick of being told something like "gee whiz, we don't usually help late deafened people like you, there's a group for hearing loss in the area but it's for senior citizens. it's too bad your in your mid twenties and need a job."

Ok, so I'm exaggerating.. just a bit. but I've gone to voc rehab and I know more about assistive technology than they do. my voc rehab contact wonders why I don't just use a TTY for everything
Wow it is the truth! I'm a pacifist, but I sure feel like I could :rifle: ! I find a lot of help/info IF I lived in Az or Maine I think it was!.. So far! I'll just keep plugging away and hope I accomplish something! :cool:

Voc Rehab often contracts out for services that they can't provide in agency. Go where they refer you, and you will eventually find answers. Since Voc Rehab deals with various other disabilities, they cannot have people on staff that are experts in everything, sot hey refer out to agencies that have expertise in specific disabilities.

Neat Site!

:ty:Really has some neat stuff on it! As always,.. pricey though ;) I like this site better than many I've been to!! :aw: Thanks for the Link!!

Back