never too old to have baby.

The*Empress

Reaction score
Calif. Woman, 62, Gives Birth to Baby Boy

By The Associated PressSat Feb 18, 11:43 PM ET

REDDING, Calif. - A 62-year-old woman gave birth Friday to a healthy 6-pound, 9-ounce baby boy, becoming one of the oldest women in the world to successfully bear a child.

Janise Wulf gave birth to her 12th child. She is also a grandmother of 20 and a great-grandmother of three.

Family members said the delivery went smoothly, despite earlier concerns about the mother's health. Wulf, a diabetic, experienced swelling and higher blood pressure earlier this week, prompting doctors to perform the Caesarean section a week early.

Wulf and her third husband, Scott, 48, named the red-haired boy Adam Charles Wulf. He follows just 3 1/2 years behind his older brother, Ian.

"I hate to raise one alone, without a sibling," said Wulf, who was impregnated both times through in vitro fertilization.

The oldest woman on record to give birth is a 66-year-old Adriana Iliescu of Romania, who had a Caesarean section Jan. 15, 2005.

The Guinness Book of World Records also lists two 63-year-old women who have given birth: Rosanna Della Corte of Italy in 1994 and Acheli Keh of California in 1996. News reports, however, list Della Corte's age at 62 when she gave birth.

I just wonder if someday there would be a record where there would be a 100 yr old woman giving birth!? oO Oo;;;

that possibles news but that woman can allowed to have children at 60's no matters what she really wanted it!

i read in LHJ Ladies home Journal about ex-good morning american anchorwoman Joan Lundern have twin kids they later again for double twins each girls and boys from suggogates mothers but she is over 50's but she have 3 daughters from previous marriages

i dont like getting older to have children like that! but i can get have children at 30's or 40's that my limit ages but mostly married woman always wanted have baby at 40's or 50's that their decide.

if i wanted have children i would still as younger even!

I feel sorry for the children if their mothers had them aged 50... I would say between 25 and 40 is right age for mothers to have babies.

Imagine that 62 years old will be 78 years old when her son will be 16 years old and driving. And she will be 80 years old when her son will be 18 years old and graduate from high school.

High School kids will be :eek3: to see their friend's mom being SOOO old and wrinkle. And they will be asking him if she is his grandma?

18 years old to 40 years old is good age for women to have babies...

Steel X said:
I just wonder if someday there would be a record where there would be a 100 yr old woman giving birth!? oO Oo;;;
If she doesn't have menupause then that'd be a record!

high chance that 40s female can get twin chidlren.

Does it matter that children must have both dad and mom taking care of them?

Does it matter what your mom's age is?

Children don't really need their parents when they are teens, because as long as parents teach them responsibilites, teach them how to cook, do laundry, how to pay bills, be careful with loans and credit cards, sex education and condom, and all... Then they can be prepare for everything in life before reach age 21.

Agree?

Think about it people--

Elderly men can have kids because their sperms still work (thanks to Viagara!) but it is a taboo for elderly women (past 40) to have children. WHY?
Larry King had his son in 1999 when King was 66 years old!
So what's the difference between him and a 62-years old woman when it comes to children????

You have to think about this: 60s are not old anymore... My mom is 60 and she looks like a decade younger. The retirement age of 64 doesn't mean one cannot worka nymore because s/he is too OLD. Many of 60-yr-old people are still very active and in shape as if they are 40.
Our health standards have got a whole lot better so the *actual* senior citizen status should be pushed up to to the age group of 70s/80s.

Yeah, Gnarly, some good points but don't forget the menopausal stage, beyond which the "oven" is off.

age does too matter. she's lucky none of them have been down's babies. so freakin' lucky.

The worst part is that when a parent is in the 70's or older, they lose their mind and they would not able to take care of the children or even not care themselves. The kids probably will piss off that they want to spend more time with them if the parents are between 25 to 40 years old.

I believe that the best time is to end pregnancy at 30. How the kids handle the elders to avoid peeing on the bed or on the toilet seat or wearing the stinky same clothes everyday? The nursing home will be glad to take care of them by selling their home and put the kids in the social service.

webexplorer said:
The worst part is that when a parent is in the 70's or older, they lose their mind and they would not able to take care of the children or even not care themselves. ..
Oh, man, nursing homes will have to put in day care centers for the kids!

Don't forget, "Wulf, who was impregnated both times through in vitro fertilization." If they used "young" donor eggs, that would reduce the chances for Downes.

Did you know that the mom is blind?

Here is more of the story, and pictures:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006080668,00.html

I'm curious who pays for their medical bills, including the fertility procedures (not cheap)?

Back