Neuropathic itching suxs

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Yea, it's deep in my skin. Kind of feels like ants crawling under my skin. The nerves in my spinal cord send the feeling to various locations on my body. It's always the same part of my body that corresponds to a specific nerve location that is damaged. It's not all over my body like an allergic reaction (hives).
I hate being medically interesting. I'm happy to report that it's not as bad today. :)

CRAWWWLIN' innnnnnn my skinnnnnnn
these wounnnnnnnds they willlll not healllllllll
fearrrrr is how I falllll
confusinggggggggg, what is reallllllll

:wave:

Hypnotherapy? I know a hypnotherapist that works for NIH that uses a technique for the deaf.

Um, the chemicals in my body and the physical sensation is real. Think of it as a malfunction of the nervous system. I have a short.

No. From nerve damage.

that's what my post describes.

physically - there's nothing itchy on your skin but your brain's telling you it's itchy. that's nerve side and the worst part because it's notoriously difficult to treat.

I tried hypnotherapy once and I liked it. For me, it relieved anxiety. Maybe a recording...

Yea, jiro. The only medically recommended remedy is ice packs.

One of the most frustating things about modern medicine is that there are certain problems for which there is no treatment. A nurse friend suggested alternative therapies. I'm not big on that but as problems progress I'll be more open to it.

:hmm:

I have nerve damage in both ears and have severe tinnitis, the only thing that helps is zinc.

keyword - "help"

it only blocks the pain signal to your brain but once it wears off... you're gonna pop another.... which leads to addiction and side effect.

That is not a viable solution.

Acupuncture needle does not puncture thru skin into nerve. Anything touching nerve is just asking for paralysis or permanent damage. Needles actually penetrate blood vessels and muscles. The whole purpose of acupuncture is to improve/restore your blood circulation and/or to stimulate your muscle area depending on your medical issue.

When it comes to neuropathic issue - well good luck. best I can suggest is deep meditation because it's all in your head.

I have to jet now. Driving to Central Jersey and then Boston. I'll explain more later about my father's work regarding this issue. It's the only medical device that can effectively tackle neuropathic issue but he's currently dealing with FDA and medical insurances. big headache. Few states (Utah and South Carolina) from top of my head have it already but you have to pay it out of your pocket. Europe has been using it for several years. The genius who made it is Italian.

Thanks, Jiro. Have a safe trip.

Last edited:

Um, the chemicals in my body and the physical sensation is real. Think of it as a malfunction of the nervous system. I have a short.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply any hostility. Forgive my foolishness. Reading your reflections totally reminded me of that famous linking park lines because it just matched. :P

I do think I have something a little similar in case to you though. I got suntanned all August (believe me, almost all august) that I could be a brownie, but some of my scabs (fire ant, horsefly, mosquito bites and what have you's) and wounds that fell off are white patches and they itch. Not to mention, their color doesn't particularly match with the rest of the tan. :lol:

I've tried a lot of acupuncture in the past, due to my asian heritage. Uncle is a licensed medicine professional and acupuncture practitioner in Korea. Folks made me go thru over probably 50 sessions by now throughout childhood predominatly as a way to 'cure' deafness, but my overall impression of the differences in the sessions - if it's blood and BP related, it'll do wonders, but everything else is hit or miss...

I missed the reference. I am so uncool. LOL
Sunscreen, dude! Don't damage your skin. You'll be wrinkly when you're old. ;-)

Back