Netflix now CC in mobile

RonJaxon

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

I was surprised to find out that Netflix instantly watch now shows subtitles on my iPhone app now. I didn't see any mention of them adding that. Last app update didn't even mention that they added subtitle to mobile view of Netflix. But its now there.

If you have the app (I have iPhone but I'd imagine it would also have been added to other mobile Netflix apps to). Find a subtitle video that is subtitle. When you play it in your mobile you'll see a small text bubble icon. Click it to select subtitle language. It'll now play the subtitle.

The down sides are Netflix still doesn't have a lot of their videos subtitles. And the subtitle text on my mobile its very, very small and there's no way to adjust the text size.

Anyway, just thought it'd pass that along. I didn't realize you can get subtitles on mobile now so I figured others might not realize it either.

Ron

Wirelessly posted

I was surprised to find out that Netflix instantly watch now shows subtitles on my iPhone app now. I didn't see any mention of them adding that. Last app update didn't even mention that they added subtitle to mobile view of Netflix. But its now there.

If you have the app (I have iPhone but I'd imagine it would also have been added to other mobile Netflix apps to). Find a subtitle video that is subtitle. When you play it in your mobile you'll see a small text bubble icon. Click it to select subtitle language. It'll now play the subtitle.

The down sides are Netflix still doesn't have a lot of their videos subtitles. And the subtitle text on my mobile its very, very small and there's no way to adjust the text size.

Anyway, just thought it'd pass that along. I didn't realize you can get subtitles on mobile now so I figured others might not realize it either.

Ron

Netflix app s suck! CineXPlayer app is best. Can adjust text size of subtitles on both of iPhone and iPad.

Yes. CineXPlayer is great but I actually found one I like better. AVPlayer. Can do all CineXPlayer can do and then some. Even more options to adjust the subtitles and video.

Anyway, that's a different topic. Was just glad to see Netflix finally CC enabled their app.

Wirelessly posted

Yes, I have both of them, too. I never have member of Netflix. I really like Crackle app to watch free movies but they don't support CC, unfortunately.

Yes. CineXPlayer is great but I actually found one I like better. AVPlayer. Can do all CineXPlayer can do and then some. Even more options to adjust the subtitles and video.

Anyway, that's a different topic. Was just glad to see Netflix finally CC enabled their app.

sound interesting! pretty depend your CC netflix and Clinexplayer

$2.99 for iPhone or iPad app. You have to do is load your torrent movie files onto the iPad or iPhone using iTunes's built-in File Sharing feature.

Back