Netflix for Xbox 360

Netflix will not replace DVD into online steaming movie, it's optional and Netflix will keep DVD for longer until BD become dominant.

Why complain, try life in 80's, 90's and prior that, CC wasn't common in tv shows, however CC isn't required for online video because of old CC law need to update or renew, if you want CC so badly then go to see congress, and you wouldn't have enough CC on tv if you live in Europe or other countries.

I got used with online video without CC.

Why complain, try life in 80's, 90's and prior that, CC wasn't common in tv shows, however CC isn't required for online video because of old CC law need to update or renew, if you want CC so badly then go to see congress, and you wouldn't have enough CC on tv if you live in Europe or other countries.

Unfortunately congressmen are too focus on wars and economics problems. I am not complaining too much, tons of subs are available at Subscene which you can use with free KMPlayer software on PC. These subs are mainly for ripped movies from DVD or downloaded for torrent sites.

This should give MS/Netflix idea to add module to their xbox360 so deaf/HoH can download subs and play it with their titles.

FYI - KMPlayer is ALOT better than Microsoft media player...

I rather stick with DVDs. :)

Me too. I will continue with DVD until BD will lower their prices; or waiting
for too many movies because I don't want to update the firmware due to
my room don't have online from my computer about 20 feet away, I know there would be Wi-fi from my computer, however, I don't know to how, because
Wifi is not secure for me unless I know too much to encrypt our security
for Wifi.

Unfortunately congressmen are too focus on wars and economics problems. I am not complaining too much, tons of subs are available at Subscene which you can use with free KMPlayer software on PC. These subs are mainly for ripped movies from DVD or downloaded for torrent sites.

This should give MS/Netflix idea to add module to their xbox360 so deaf/HoH can download subs and play it with their titles.

FYI - KMPlayer is ALOT better than Microsoft media player...

I will not use it, because any movies may not be SDH.

I will not use it, because any movies may not be SDH.

there are SDH subs too if it is available from original DVD. Most DVD doesnt have SDH subs. I am used to it anyway. Normal CC is not available via HDMI interface unforunately.

None of steam movie will have CC available until anyone is overhype like iTunes.

there are SDH subs too if it is available from original DVD. Most DVD doesnt have SDH subs. I am used to it anyway. Normal CC is not available via HDMI interface unforunately.

Just get dvd player with CC built-in and work great thru HDMI without SDH.

Hulu has some movies with CC.

Mr. Smartpant, it have to be with something to purchase.

BTW, do you know any movie list with CC at hulu dot com? Only I have knowledge there are most CC support on FOX television shows

NAD proposal on the matter of Closed Caption - Read below.

2008-LA-PUB-006
The NAD shall address the issue of captioning to afford deaf people equal access in movie theaters, on TV,
including HDTV, videos and Internet streaming, DVDs, public information bulletins, and emergency
broadcasts everywhere.

This can be found on NAD Blog's pdf -
http://blogs.nad.org/conf/amendmentsfinal.pdf
or
http://blogs.nad.org/conf/C2008top30proposedmotions.pdf

That why I encourage a lot people to become NAD member to back up and fight to advocate for all Deaf and Hard of hearing community. If we do not stand behind NAD, then we will not be able to get far. I dont want to be a lit match. I want a bonfire or blow torch to the topic. We must work as a team.

I already sent complaint to Netflix and Roku about the closed caption on Internet. Roku responded that they are just a product, not the context. Netflix is responsible for context.

In my house, I rather to use Roku than buying Xbox 360 to do watching movies through TV. However, its nice option to have. I wont do it until closed caption is standard online streaming videos.

So please become NAD member and keep track of closed caption. Go to link Individual - National Association of the Deaf to join. I am proud member of NAD since Jan 2008. Glad to see superbowl with pepsi ad. That was with help of NAD and Pepsi to make it happen!

Last edited:
Thanks, you convinced me to buy it without SDH! I hope it comes with
region-free hack, if CC doing well and also PAL region 2 would be along
well! I will sell old DVD player with code free to my deaf friend.

You can set region free.

Press "Setup"
Scroll to "Preference" using the Left/Right arrow key
Press "138931" and a popup screen will appear

Use the Up arrow key and select 0 for a region free DVD player
Done.

yes I agreed with you CC is not available via HDMI so I use SDH. I was disapppointed and I shouldnt have bought a HDTV.

Back