Netbooks (ASUS EEE PC 1201N and HP Mini 311-1037NR)

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I was shopping for some netbooks and narrowed down to two netbooks for my needs. That would be ASUS EEE PC 1201N and HP Mini 311-1037NR netbooks.

ASUS EEE PC 1201n: It uses dual-core Atom 330 processor with NVIDIA ION chipset. According to benchmark tests, Atom 330 processor outperforms many N2x0/N4x0 processors because it supports 64-bit arch and dual-processing. Nvidia ION chipset is much better for HD video and gaming than GMA chipsets.

HP Mini 311-1037NR: It has similar features but different Atom N270 processor. It uses Nvidia Ion chipset and global-ready mobile broadband with Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone have any experiences with 1201N or 311-1037NR?

Thanks,
Sword7

Hello folks,

I was shopping for some netbooks and narrowed down to two netbooks for my needs. That would be ASUS EEE PC 1201N and HP Mini 311-1037NR netbooks.

ASUS EEE PC 1201n: It uses dual-core Atom 330 processor with NVIDIA ION chipset. According to benchmark tests, Atom 330 processor outperforms many N2x0/N4x0 processors because it supports 64-bit arch and dual-processing. Nvidia ION chipset is much better for HD video and gaming than GMA chipsets.

HP Mini 311-1037NR: It has similar features but different Atom N270 processor. It uses Nvidia Ion chipset and global-ready mobile broadband with Verizon Wireless.

Does anyone have any experiences with 1201N or 311-1037NR?

Thanks,
Sword7

I don't have experience with or knowledge about either netbook, but I heard last December from one of the video relay company representatives that the Dell netbook was found to have the best webcam for videoconferencing AT THAT TIME, so you might want to check that out if you would use videoconferencing. If you're planning to use a separate web cam, however, then that might not matter to you.

If these netbooks you've mentioned are brand new, their web cam might be just as good as the Dell's, too.

i guess it depends what you plan on using it for. If you are using it for school, look into one with an intel Atom N450 processor. Some of the laptops with that processor are claiming 11hrs of battery life!
On the other hand, if you are planning on using it for VP, you will want to look into the quality of the video camera.
Also look into the OS and RAM. If you are going to be using Win7 you will want to upgrade from the starter edition, and you will want more than 1Gb of RAM (2Gb min recommended
Finally, about HD gaming and video.. my question is are you REALLY going to be doing this on a 10inch screen? Seems kinda pointless to me especially since theres no DVD drive on netbooks.
Hope this helps!
*EQL*

Here Deafscooter HP 311 1037nr Netbook
Run Mac OSX Snow Leopard - That is it..
===
You Must have Purchase Retail MacBoxSet
and Do on Modified the HP's BIOS & WWAN
I cant tell you, how do Modify HP Netbook!
==================================
attachment.php

==================================

I bought an Asus Netbook in September/OCtober last year, and it has been just amazing. Didn't need an optical drive, and I use it typically for general web surfing, document editing and so on. The longest it has lasted me with moderate usage has been about 4 hours without power cord. Ofcourse if you are going to be on Flash-based websites and Youtube often, performance could take a hit. But this Asus netbook is pretty awesome. I had to choose between a HP and Asus, and I chose the latter as I already have a HP notebook that has already given me issues down the road. HP heats up very fast at the base, and is a huge battery drainer. I dont believe in what is advertised as 8-10 hour battery time!! And I know the capabilities of a Netbook, so if I am going to do some things that require heavy processing (like using it to design applications or use Microsoft Money) I would definitely use my notebook instead.

I bought an Asus Netbook in September/OCtober last year, and it has been just amazing. Didn't need an optical drive, and I use it typically for general web surfing, document editing and so on. The longest it has lasted me with moderate usage has been about 4 hours without power cord. Ofcourse if you are going to be on Flash-based websites and Youtube often, performance could take a hit. But this Asus netbook is pretty awesome. I had to choose between a HP and Asus, and I chose the latter as I already have a HP notebook that has already given me issues down the road. HP heats up very fast at the base, and is a huge battery drainer. I dont believe in what is advertised as 8-10 hour battery time!! And I know the capabilities of a Netbook, so if I am going to do some things that require heavy processing (like using it to design applications or use Microsoft Money) I would definitely use my notebook instead.

Should buy Atom Z450 netbook because battery life is longer than old netbook. 6-7 hours battery life. I have 14" HP notebook with 9-cell battery but it s too heavy. I had decided to buy new 13" Macbook Pro and battery life is 6-7 hours. it s lighter weight than my HP notebook. I really love it. :)

Back