Needs an Intepreter for Deaf.

UNYTruthHunters

Reaction score
Upstate NY Truth Hunters needs an Interpeter for the Deaf to interpret for Founder, Mark who is Deaf. What we need a volunteer who is an Interpreter for the Deaf to spend time to attend meetings and investigations to interpret for Mark. Needs to be brave facing going dark, etc. Well, if we go dark, Mark would not be able to see what the interpreter say. Mark would have to have to use a flashlight to shine on interpreter only when necessary.

The Interpreter will be trained to learn paranormal teminology as well as becoming an Investigator.

This isn't paid position. All strictly volunteer for now. We will, however, provide incentives such as giving them rides to locations, pay for their meals and admissions/fees if necessary (like the one we are going to Rochester for the 22nd of April). And when we have expeditions/exclusions, the interpreter is paid for with free room, board, admissions, bus or even plane etc.

Also must be available for ghost walks every Saturday evenings and trade shows when necessary.

Also the interpreter if they are interested, we will train them to become investigators so they can understand where we all are doing and makes it easier for them to know the terminology of paranormal investigation and others (cryptozoology, etc).

The Interpreter needs to be RID certified and or be years of experienced of ASL/PSE/SEE. The Interpeter can be a CODA or well-trained with years of experiences.

Please provide your email address when you reply. We will go from there.

If I already had certifications, a way to get up there, money and all of that I would totally do it!
pro bono!

Anybody? It has been a month and I got responses.. but no actual takers.

Beatlemorgan, thanks for the offer. Had we have the money, we would hire you. Maybe when we are in Texas on some investigations, or anyplace in the South, then I can contact you. is that ok?

That's the problem, we don't all live in your area. I'm in South Carolina, so I can't help you either.

Have you tried contacting Genesee Valley RID chapter?

Genesee Valley Region Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf

Reba, I tried everything in my hometown. I tried private interpretering company, a community college where they have ASL classes, etc. None because I know why. They rather to be paid than pro bono. Only one would but he is in Texas. Oh well!

Not only that, many feared to be involved in the Paranormal industry. This means be my ears in the dark.. yes, dark! Facing ghosts, mists, shadows, you name it. Even in the woods the possibility of facing wild animals to look for cyptids, you name it.

Back