Needing help please

andrew.degen

Reaction score
Hello,

my name is Andrew and I'm 25. I am looking for someone willing to sign and message via Skype to correct me on any ASL stricture or signs I sign incorrectly, etc.. I am learning ASL for my nephew who is also learning as well. He is HOH and has hearing aids currently. The doctors never said if his hearing loss is progressing but his speech therapist at the hospital and school have brought in a sign language interpreter to help him.

Welcome! And good on you for learning ASL!!!!! Very excited that your nephew is learning ASL as a second language! That is going to help him SO MUCH!

Thank you very much and I am excited too. I just don't know where i can practice with others who know ASL. I haven't had any luck finding events in Kansas City, MO though. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

How far away are you from Olathe Kansas? That is where the state school for the Deaf is.... There's a lot of events there.... Missouri really sucks in general for Deaf stuff unless you're near the MO School for the Deaf (Fulton) or in St Louis and have access to the Special School District.....that's b/c Missouri is really hardcore about Inclusion and oralism.

I'm in kc more near the independence and Lee's summit side. I'll have to look on their site and see what's going on though. Thank you very much.

http://deaflibertybaptist.org/wp2/

Greater Kansas City Association of the
Deaf, Inc
(Regional club of the Midwest Athletic
Association of the Deaf, Inc)
8001 Paseo Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64131
TheGambler4ver@aol.com (For Sports
Information)
www.maad.org/inside/clubs.html
Jackson County Chapter
(Regional chapter of the Missouri
Association of the Deaf)
jcc_rep@moadshowme.org
Midwest Cochlear Implant Club
201 SE Noeleen Lane
Lees Summit, MO 64063
(816) 525-7666 (TTY)
LOU217@aol.com
St Joseph Deaf Club
4420 South 40th Street
St Joseph, MO 64503
(816) 279-8558, Ext. 108 (V)
(816) 279-4943 (TTY)
(816) 279-1550 (FAX)

Hey Andrew, I'm learning too. :) I don't know a whole lot right now but it never hurts to have a buddy. :) I can show you some videos that I've been using from a college professor if you're interested. They are easy to access. By the way, how are you?

Hey Andrew, I'm learning too. :) I don't know a whole lot right now but it never hurts to have a buddy. :) I can show you some videos that I've been using from a college professor if you're interested. They are easy to access. By the way, how are you?

Do you have skype. We can chat together if you like

http://deaflibertybaptist.org/wp2/

Greater Kansas City Association of the
Deaf, Inc
(Regional club of the Midwest Athletic
Association of the Deaf, Inc)
8001 Paseo Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64131
TheGambler4ver@aol.com (For Sports
Information)
www.maad.org/inside/clubs.html
Jackson County Chapter
(Regional chapter of the Missouri
Association of the Deaf)
jcc_rep@moadshowme.org
Midwest Cochlear Implant Club
201 SE Noeleen Lane
Lees Summit, MO 64063
(816) 525-7666 (TTY)
LOU217@aol.com
St Joseph Deaf Club
4420 South 40th Street
St Joseph, MO 64503
(816) 279-8558, Ext. 108 (V)
(816) 279-4943 (TTY)
(816) 279-1550 (FAX)

Thank you, I've seen a few of these sites but will definitely check out the others. :)

Thank you, I've seen a few of these sites but will definitely check out the others. :)

Deaf church is a good place to go attend, if you really want to get involved with deaf people.

Good tip. And that is the plan so i can gain a better learning experience as well as help out my nephew as he learns asl also.

Sadly my cat busted my laptop. She jumped on it and it cause my screen to spiderweb. :( but once I am able to get a new computer, we can totally do that for sure. Right now I'm using my phone to cruise sites. I feel so... small. Lol.

Sadly my cat busted my laptop. She jumped on it and it cause my screen to spiderweb. :( but once I am able to get a new computer, we can totally do that for sure. Right now I'm using my phone to cruise sites. I feel so... small. Lol.

All i have is my phone lol it works pretty good lol

Gs4. It does what i need somedays lol

Awww. Lol. I think I've restarted my phone like... 5 times today due to glitches. :D

That's sounds like a problem lol

Anyway... lol I'm just trying to kill the night. If you're feeling chatty you could hit me up in private message. That is... if you're okay with me boring you with talk about movies... maybe cats... and the rain. :)

Back