Needed: Sonic Alert Bed Shaker

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
I've been developing a need for a bed shaker to use with my alarm clock I currently have but am very tight on money right now and am on a very fixed income as well. Is there anyone who has a bed shaker sitting in their basement, garage, or attic collecting dust that they do not want anymore and can send to me? I sure can use it, but don't have the money. The lamp going off works well for me but it doesn't quite force me to get out of bed because I keep hitting the snooze button a lot, and I figure that if I got a bed shaker and place it under my mattress it will really annoy me to the point where I will finally get OUT of bed to pull it out and shut it off which would be more effective and I would be up and around getting ready to go out and I wouldn't miss important appointments! So if there is anyone here that can offer me a bed shaker, I would appreciate it very much!

My alarm clock looks like this but is black.

SA-SB1000V.jpg

I only need the bed shaker/vibrator (whatever you call it, I prefer to call it the bed shaker).

Totally up to y'all, thank you in advance!

What's your price range?

I can pay $10-$15 if it includes shipping because I only need the bed shaker, not the whole shebang. I don't have a whole lot of money right now and I cant pay for it right now. If you agree to sell me the shaker can we wait until after the 3rd of October because I've only $10 in my banking account right now. You can wait to send the shaker until after I've paid for it. How will I pay for it? Paypal? It's gonna have to be something secure because well this is the interwebz LOL.

Ah, I noticed this ad and checked it out. It is not what I wanted, I'm looking for heavy-duty bed shaker.

I used to have large heavy-duty bed shaker but it didn't work anymore.

Have you tried ebay yet? You can get parts there.

I can pay $10-$15 if it includes shipping because I only need the bed shaker, not the whole shebang. I don't have a whole lot of money right now and I cant pay for it right now. If you agree to sell me the shaker can we wait until after the 3rd of October because I've only $10 in my banking account right now. You can wait to send the shaker until after I've paid for it. How will I pay for it? Paypal? It's gonna have to be something secure because well this is the interwebz LOL.
Shipping and handling could be $10 to $15 alone for an alarm clock like this. :(

Try eBay?

Shipping and handling could be $10 to $15 alone for an alarm clock like this. :(

Try eBay?

Eep.

I guess I will go ahead and buy the Sweetheart alarm clock which has a bed shaker with it already and already includes shipping for about $40 dollars after I get my check and my rent and all my bills have been paid for. I've been wanting that cute hot pink thing for quite a while. This way I get the whole shebang for about the same as I would if I bought just the bed shaker and having to pay for shipping. I'm gonna get it from Harris Communications.

And for those wondering - even though my fixed income is the same the situation has changed a bit allowing me a little more wiggle room this year so I am able to afford some things that I thought I wasn't gonna be able to afford after all. Hopefully, I will be able to get a new pair of glasses as well too. Let's just say my luck has changed.

Have a rehabi center for deaf and HOH people , they may be able help you get a bed shaker . I got a free phone from verizon . The phone has bed shaker too!

Eep.

I guess I will go ahead and buy the Sweetheart alarm clock which has a bed shaker with it already and already includes shipping for about $40 dollars after I get my check and my rent and all my bills have been paid for. I've been wanting that cute hot pink thing for quite a while. This way I get the whole shebang for about the same as I would if I bought just the bed shaker and having to pay for shipping. I'm gonna get it from Harris Communications.

And for those wondering - even though my fixed income is the same the situation has changed a bit allowing me a little more wiggle room this year so I am able to afford some things that I thought I wasn't gonna be able to afford after all. Hopefully, I will be able to get a new pair of glasses as well too. Let's just say my luck has changed.
Yeah, that's probably the best deal out there.

I had a similar problem years ago. Before I went to RIT, I always used the regular alarm clock. If I had to wake up, I would wear my hearing aid so I could hear it. I avoided buying the vibrating alarm clock because they were $90 to $100 each.

When I went to RIT, my regular alarm clock became a problem. It sounded exactly like the fire alarm. When I woke up to the fire alarm thinking it was my alarm clock, I would turn it off... then realize it was the fire alarm before going outside. I'd return and go back to sleep forgetting to set the alarm clock again. So, I missed or was late for classes and work. When I found out that RIT offered the Sonic Alert alarm clock with vibrator for $50, I got it. :thumb:

I got one for free from vocational rehab center back in '96. I told them I needed it to wake up on time for work/school/etc.

I've been developing a need for a bed shaker to use with my alarm clock I currently have but am very tight on money right now and am on a very fixed income as well. Is there anyone who has a bed shaker sitting in their basement, garage, or attic collecting dust that they do not want anymore and can send to me?

I have the vibration shaker which i never used cuz i hate that hard shaking which scared me out. lol. If you still want it, let me know. (i keep the clock).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the vibration shaker which i never used cuz i hate that hard shaking which scared me out. lol. If you still want it, let me know. (i keep the clock).

I would very much like to have the bed shaker. We can discuss this further in PM if you want.

EDIT: It seems that you aren't accepting PMs.

EDIT: It seems that you aren't accepting PMs.[/QUOTE]

Really? Let me fix the pm display on monday afternoon (central zone as urs)

with the flasher put the clock away from your bed. like 15 feet away.
my friend did that, with a vibrator as well, he had to get up and walk across the room to turn his stuff off.... problem solved.

Back