Need ur opinion abt my girl name

damienmommy

Reaction score
I having a hard time to decide for a girl name for my daughter. I am 30 weeks pregnant now. I have a son name is Damien. I want something a girl name sound/look good goes with Damien.

My boyfriend reallyyy want a girl name Melika.. Melika is used to be my nickname for few months. Melika is from hawaiian name. I love that name but I just feel weird to call my daughter name Melika, feel like it's my name. My name is Melissa. So we almost same name. Do u think it's weird if we give daughter name Melika or what? Amanda would be a middle name, after my bestest friend who passed away 2 years ago at 20 years old. I want to honor her.

So what do you think? Many of my friends think Melika is so beautiful name. But few of them think it's weird to name her Melika cuz when see name Melika, they would think of me. Not my daughter. so....?

Personally I would say you can name your daughter what YOU want (regardless of what other people think about 'cause there will always be someone disagreeing with it).

Melika is a cute name and not very common where I live. My cousin named her daughter Malena two years ago and EVERYBODY hated it whereas I think it is pretty much of an ok name... :giggle: Melika and Malena are pretty similar names...

I also wouldn't pick a name that fits between brother and sister but rather more upon the family name she is carrying ;)

Just my 2-euro cents

Madaline? Nice name but nah, it's kinda hard to fingerspellin that name.

Emma? It's common name. I don't want common names. So u think it weird if I give daughter name Melika?

Personally I would say you can name your daughter what YOU want (regardless of what other people think about 'cause there will always be someone disagreeing with it).

Melika is a cute name and not very common where I live. My cousin named her daughter Malena two years ago and EVERYBODY hated it whereas I think it is pretty much of an ok name... :giggle: Melika and Malena are pretty similar names...

I also wouldn't pick a name that fits between brother and sister but rather more upon the family name she is carrying ;)

Just my 2-euro cents

I am not sure if I want Melika. I do like that name.

Why not just change the order and make Amanda the first name and put Melika as her middle name?

you like hawaii name. Malia is also hawaiin name.

I always like the name is Kalea. that's hawaii name too. I am not going to have anotehr baby. So thats why i don't care if anyone takes that name. I love kalea. =)

Great suggestion!! :)

Why not? It sound good! Try go on Google and type "baby names" and you can pick what you really likes. We already picked for girl's name but for boy's middle name haven't' really decided yet. My hubby and I agreed not to announce the names till baby's born. :)

10 more weeks!! me ummm 18 more weeks!
Why not just change the order and make Amanda the first name and put Melika as her middle name?

Yeah I'm not sure about melika name because that's your nickname and I'd rather the baby girl have name of all her own to feel more indepedent.
You should go to baby name website it have mannnnyyy names
What about melinda? Its close but still different

Also you need to be 100% positive you want to name her whatever, that you love it, don't name her if its something you're ok with or still unsure/ehh about it, it will be her name forever you can't change it so think carefully and its your baby, you can tell him (ray) what other name than melika he like and have him look at baby names website with you until you both found name you both love/like a lot
Ok?

Great suggestion!! :)

Why not? It sound good! Try go on Google and type "baby names" and you can pick what you really likes. We already picked for girl's name but for boy's middle name haven't' really decided yet. My hubby and I agreed not to announce the names till baby's born. :)

10 more weeks!! me ummm 18 more weeks!

Already look everywhere in google. I wasn't too sure. I always changing my mind all the times. I am afraid if I would change my mind again after gave baby name but made me stuck.

Yeah I'm not sure about melika name because that's your nickname and I'd rather the baby girl have name of all her own to feel more indepedent.
You should go to baby name website it have mannnnyyy names
What about melinda? Its close but still different

Ah Melinda is common name too. I want have a name that I never knew anyone who have that name. Like Melika..I don't have any friends or family have that name.

Also you need to be 100% positive you want to name her whatever, that you love it, don't name her if its something you're ok with or still unsure/ehh about it, it will be her name forever you can't change it so think carefully and its your baby, you can tell him (ray) what other name than melika he like and have him look at baby names website with you until you both found name you both love/like a lot
Ok?

Yeah I know. Ray want "Kyra" the most. I don't want Kyra. It's short and simple name. I like long name or not simple one. And Damien's step mom name is Kara. It's kinda weird to have almost same as her name. So Ray's 2nd choice is Melika. That's all we can think of. We did lookin around everywhere for names but there's nothing we could agree. We always have different opinion. Melika is only one that we both like name.

well... u can name ur daughter that... then after she's born, you two can figure out what to nickname her.... and you can just use her nickname as she grows up?

That name does sound nice, but I can see why it would be confusing since the name is spelled almost the same.

What other names have you thought of?

Naomi ?
Teoka ?
Talitha ?
Bethany ?
Shirley ?
Kalysa ? (Or Kallysa ?)
Orana ? (Or Oranna ?)
Nevaeh ?
Makayla ?
Layla ?
Jayla ?
Aliyah ?
Amaya ?
Alondra ?
Kimora ?
Shayla ?
Annika ?
Jamya ?
Tamara ?

I can't think of more names. What do you think of any name you like? :)

PS - I'll check your PM a bit later. Right now, I need to go and sleep.

So, goodnite. :)

Well pick the names and hold them till your daughter's born...then you both can decide from there how the name will fit her. Some people isn't too sure till baby's born.

Back