Need to vent!!!! need help!!!

Oakley_04

Reaction score
Today my mother went to court to get my little sister back. My mom lawyer didnt even bother to show up (what a jerk). my mom lost my sister again for the 2nd time. it made me soo MAD that i want kick the judge ass.
My sister is 11 years old and hates living with her dad and her step mom. they are acholics. My sister spend some time in children pyshcstist day program to do test on her after sister told mom she will run away or hurt herself if she has to go back to her dad. so mom took her to see a councler and pyshcatsit. sister has told judge few times she want to be with my mom. the judge wont hear it and threw the case out and awared the coustody to my mom s ex husband. while int he court my ex step father cussed at my brother and the court said its not their problem. and said that my mom cant take her to Illinois for weeked just have to visit her in the state of PATEHIC indiana. now my sister is upset and freaking out and we are afraid her dad will hurt her after my sister said on statement papers abt her father. and that sister will run away or harm herself. my mom is going to appeal. forgot to add the judge blieves that single mothers should stay home and have a husband. and be a stay home mom. how in the heck can my mom stay home and be single mom and not working.
this guy my mom married is abouslty JERk worse than RS!!! he thinks everything to himself . not us. he gambles he drinks he owns a bar. i wish i could :rl: his butt, but it wont help anyway.

any advice so i can help my mother out when she starts appeal again.

thanks for ur listen. have a nice day

I checked...

Indiana Child Custody Laws

Child Custody Guidelines.

The court shall determine custody and enter a custody order in accordance with the best interests of the child. In determining the best interests of the child, there is no presumption favoring either parent. The court shall consider all relevant factors, including the following:

(1) The age and sex of the child.

(2) The wishes of the child's parent or parents.

(3) The wishes of the child, with more consideration given to the child's wishes if the child is at least 14 years of age.

(4) The interaction and interrelationship of the child with the child's parent or parents, the child's sibling, and any other person who may significantly affect the child's best interests.

(5) The child's adjustment to the child's home, school, and community.

(6) The mental and physical health of all individuals involved.

(7) Evidence of a pattern of domestic or family violence by either parent.

(8) Evidence that the child has been cared for by a de facto custodian.

-From 31-17-2-8 of the Indiana Code.

Man, I am so sorry! :( I cannot believe that the judge wouldn't give custody to your mother because she a single mother and a stay home mother? What happen to protecting the children? Doesn't anyone follows that routine? Instead of looking at the lifestyle the mother has. What is far more important the child's safely or her lifestyle of being a single mother? I think the child's safely is far most important.

I really think your mother should find a very good lawyer and fight all the way whatever it takes to get that girl out of that unstable family home.

Please do keep us update. I will pray that it would go your mother's way and gain custody of her daughter. Again I'm so sorry and it terrible that she lost when she trying to save her own daughter from a home that doesn't give your sister enough love.

I cannot stand people who drink or either doing drugs. When I know mothers or fathers out there that does it, It makes me angry that they put themselves first before their own children. And your sister doesn't deserved this at all. :hug:

DreamDeaf said:
I checked...

Indiana Child Custody Laws

Child Custody Guidelines.

The court shall determine custody and enter a custody order in accordance with the best interests of the child. In determining the best interests of the child, there is no presumption favoring either parent. The court shall consider all relevant factors, including the following:

(1) The age and sex of the child.

(2) The wishes of the child's parent or parents.

(3) The wishes of the child, with more consideration given to the child's wishes if the child is at least 14 years of age.

(4) The interaction and interrelationship of the child with the child's parent or parents, the child's sibling, and any other person who may significantly affect the child's best interests.

(5) The child's adjustment to the child's home, school, and community.

(6) The mental and physical health of all individuals involved.

(7) Evidence of a pattern of domestic or family violence by either parent.

(8) Evidence that the child has been cared for by a de facto custodian.

-From 31-17-2-8 of the Indiana Code.

My ex step dad do abuse us and my mom when they were married and there was edivence on it. and they just focus on my sister father

Cheri said:
Man, I am so sorry! :( I cannot believe that the judge wouldn't give custody to your mother because she a single mother and a stay home mother? What happen to protecting the children? Doesn't anyone follows that routine? Instead of looking at the lifestyle the mother has. What is far more important the child's safely or her lifestyle of being a single mother? I think the child's safely is far most important.

I really think your mother should find a very good lawyer and fight all the way whatever it takes to get that girl out of that unstable family home.

Please do keep us update. I will pray that it would go your mother's way and gain custody of her daughter. Again I'm so sorry and it terrible that she lost when she trying to save her own daughter from a home that doesn't give your sister enough love.

I cannot stand people who drink or either doing drugs. When I know mothers or fathers out there that does it, It makes me angry that they put themselves first before their own children. And your sister doesn't deserved this at all. :hug:
thanks Cheri and Dream deaf...i will keep update on the case

wow sorry to hear that, hope you and your mother fight back hard as you can..and yes you need to get new lawyer for your mother...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the problem...hope you don't give up and beat the court. Your sister needs a good parent, not a bad sour parents! I hope you can win the case, keep your chin up and hope things will be all right!

right now i am doing reaearch online and help my mom out as shes really upset right now

oh man!! i cant believe that gosh! sigh... i pray for ur mom get sister back... :hug:

If I was you.

1. get a new lawyer.

2. get CPS (children protect services) involved.

3. Have counsler get involved and go to court upon request.

4. Have your mom go to counsler since she is upset and need some help.

5. Have your mom and sister to go counsler together.

The counsler and CPS can help fight the case in court. Been there and done that.

Good luck!! :hug:

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that, but I do agree with Pomeranian here that your mother should hire another lawyer to get her daug back, and I'm quite surprise that the judge did not hear both sides on this issue and that's including the daug's too....

Usually the mothers has the Custody of the children not the fathers unless the mother is unfit but it looks like the father is the one who is unfit to have full custody of the daug....IF I was your mother, I will hire another lawyer, this doesn't sounds fair to me....

:( I think it's terrible what the Judge has done to your Mom by hurting her this way. The Judge should have been happy to have known that your mom is a stay at home mom, and she can give complete attention to your sister. I have always thought that the Judges in court custody cases always awards the child to the parent who is home full time and can devote all their attention to the child who truly needs it. I didn't think the courts go the other way and gives these children to parent's who are neglectful.

I hope your Mom finds herself a really good lawyer and she gets your sister back. I know you must miss her dearly. Hang in there and pray every single day.

CODAchild said:
:( I think it's terrible what the Judge has done to your Mom by hurting her this way. The Judge should have been happy to have known that your mom is a stay at home mom, and she can give complete attention to your sister. I have always thought that the Judges in court custody cases always awards the child to the parent who is home full time and can devote all their attention to the child who truly needs it. I didn't think the courts go the other way and gives these children to parent's who are neglectful.

I hope your Mom finds herself a really good lawyer and she gets your sister back. I know you must miss her dearly. Hang in there and pray every single day.

Right now she filed a lawsuit against her lawyer for not showing up. The judge is old fashion, belives that ladies should stay home and be a mom, but to me i think women and men are equal, my mom has to work to support herself and the kids to pay food and bills and their clothes. I have met the judge when i teyifty against my sister's father, the judge was JERK. so he threw my sister's lawyer the CASA lawyer out cuz she was women. so right now the casa lawyer and my mom and councler are gonna press charge aginst the judge and appeal it again with different judge

:(
Oh what a sad story about your sister...sad situation she is in...ohh
you asked us to help you but we really cant, you know that..only your
mom's lawyer can do that. We only can give you moral, caring support..
i wish more than anything in the world that we can just snatch your little
sister outa that horrible situation and bring her home to your mom and she
can then feel safe and sound! awwww....my heart is breaking for you and
your family, Oakley..i will pray for your sister, ok?
Yes, your mom need to go to a different judge, if possible, geez.
keep us posted!

any advice so i can help my mother out when she starts appeal again.
Pom already beat me to most of my suggestions, but in addition, I would also request the court's do a HOME STUDY in both parent's homes. This gives the court insight to which home is best suited for the child, and it may reveal vital information regarding unsafe environments and habits.

Also, you may want to look into getting that judge off the case.

Try to find a judge who would award single mother custody, and who willing to take her side instead of dad's.. Maybe can find a lawyer that would convience the father to give up his parental rights since he isn't fit to be father.

Back