Need to stop spammers immediately!

Sunshine1

Reaction score
I noticed every new spammers signed in and post at least 9 spamming posts immediately overnights. Every time I caught one, I reported to MODS. I realized there is no MODS is waken overnights. Is there possible to have one or two taking turns to be alert overnight to prevent from happening? Or set up a program to stop accepting new members just for over nights if MODS can not be watching here? I'm really getting tired of seeing spams about every nights. Like just recently brode055 has posted 11 spamming posts. It's really aggravation!

Yeah I am notice that too! Ugh.. They re loser! also no life! So Hope this Alldeaf do something with it!

Good points but none of MOD are night owl? :dunno: It drive me nut but I keep report to MOD no matter what. So one of MOD took care of it right away.

Yea they used to take care of it right away but lately in past month especially overnight they didn't do it right away. Recently overnight it was 11 spam posts by same spammer was still in forum for at least three hours!!!

I just chekced on that spammers ... it's still here now for five hours!!!

http://www.alldeaf.com/search.php?searchid=1824850

Good points but none of MOD are night owl? :dunno: It drive me nut but I keep report to MOD no matter what. So one of MOD took care of it right away.

Last edited:
Spams may be more noticeable at certain times, whenever it 'hits' the Forum, it knows no 'time'. It doesn't mean that we aren't made aware of it--when checking reports (thanks to all those who do make such reports--particularly on spam threads/posts!), it will be taken care of. In the meantime, just keep reporting them and ignore it the best anyone is able to. We'll keep removing them--. ;)

There are times when there seems to be more spams, then again, also, there may be times when it's nice and peaceful here, no spams. The intensity of spams come and go, likewise, the frequency of it goes up and down.

Lastly, when reporting, you're not only 'helping' us moderators/administrator, you're being very helpful and that is very much appreciated! :)

Peace out--
~RR

Especially when Christmas is just around the corner, we all get busy or have things to do or places to go, also some may have been sick with the flu, when I do see spam going on here in AD, I just report it and move on, cause I know I can not snap my fingers and expect a moderator to take care of it immediately, it does take time...

Hope you all will have a WONDERFUL Christmas! :D

Especially when Christmas is just around the corner, we all get busy or have things to do or places to go, also some may have been sick with the flu, when I do see spam going on here in AD, I just report it and move on, cause I know I can not snap my fingers and expect a moderator to take care of it immediately, it does take time...

Hope you all will have a WONDERFUL Christmas! :D

:ty:

..um...but it sure would be nice to just 'snap' our fingers and viola! It's gonnnneeeee!!! :lol:

:D
~RR

Sure, we could have a moderator work overnight... but not all spams happen overnight. Some happen during the day, during lunch hour, during dinner hour, during overnight, etc...

Yea I can undy that it's impossible for any MODS to stay awake overnights. I remmy once time I signed on as a new member at tagdeaf forum and I couldn't get in. So I came back here at alldeaf forum, knowing Alex is also an owner of tagdeaf forum, I imied him to see if something was wrong with tagdeaf forum? Well he explained he blocked it from people who might be spammers to signing in overnights because he couldn't be there to prevent it. This way it would be alot easier for him. Well I'm wondering if he could do something here if he and all MODS couldn't be here at certain times? Thought it would be helpful.

Just a thought, perhaps have a moderator from other parts of the world, so while the Mods from states are ZZZZ, the other side of the world a mod will be awake and check out the AllDeaf threads, reports etc.

That's good suggestion, SG! I believe there is something can be done. I'm hoping Alex will see this thread here.

Just a thought, perhaps have a moderator from other parts of the world, so while the Mods from states are ZZZZ, the other side of the world a mod will be awake and check out the AllDeaf threads, reports etc.

Like one of these australians or New zealanders -- who can give an hand to help with these spammers. ;)

can find MOD who are working 3rd shift with cpu ready like I did work 3rd shift (now not anymore) or ask one of MOD at Aust/NZ cuz of time zone diffy so they can handle it while MOD in US dont have to worry anything and just peaceful during their bed time...

I work overnight. I would be willing to offer the services of getting rid of spams if you wish when I'm at home on my nights off.

Back