Need to Rehome

Braydens Mom

Reaction score
One large couch potato. Does not much of anything but sleep and eat. Points out what needs to be done, does nothing. Is a cover hog. Goes through multiple pairs of pants/shirts, socks per day. So new owner must be willing to give up a large portion of their day doing laundry and picking up soda cans. Good home is not important. Use him and abuse him anyway you see fit. He can be motivated by food. Though motivation usually short lived.

Willing to trade or upgrade to a new model!! :giggle:

One large couch potato. Does not much of anything but sleep and eat. Points out what needs to be done, does nothing. Is a cover hog. Goes through multiple pairs of pants/shirts, socks per day. So new owner must be willing to give up a large portion of their day doing laundry and picking up soda cans. Good home is not important. Use him and abuse him anyway you see fit. He can be motivated by food. Though motivation usually short lived.

Perhaps this potato needs to be planted behind lawn mower, or in front of various tools of landscaping. :giggle:

Reminds me of a Tee shirt I saw:
Lost, Husband and dog. Reward for dog.

:giggle:

quote: My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance. By Tim Allen

AND

quote: If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. By Margaret Thatcher (wise woman) :D

Maybe a little "hot sauce" in his under-roos would get him to "movin'"! HAHA!

Maybe a little "hot sauce" in his under-roos would get him to "movin'"! HAHA!

I just might have to try that!! He is lazy lazy lazy with a capital L! Drives me insane. More so now than before. Especially since he was supposed to make sure things got done after my surgery.. and now I'm playing catch up because he didn't follow through! Men!:eek3:

Did u try asking him to do the things around the house?

Did u try asking him to do the things around the house?
Ask, beg, grovel,...you name it. The answer is always the same... I'll get to that... I am going to do it....grrrr! It can be so frustrating. I spend a large portion of the day cleaning up after the kids.. then I go to the barn to take care of the horses.. he lets the children run amuck.

Then, I start the day all over. I have tried going on strike.. but it never works. It just gets to the point I can't stand it any longer. I need to ask for a raise... lol.. I would quit, but I don't think it would work. Seeing as the strike didn't!!!!

Ask, beg, grovel,...you name it. The answer is always the same... I'll get to that... I am going to do it....grrrr! It can be so frustrating. I spend a large portion of the day cleaning up after the kids.. then I go to the barn to take care of the horses.. he lets the children run amuck.

Then, I start the day all over. I have tried going on strike.. but it never works. It just gets to the point I can't stand it any longer. I need to ask for a raise... lol.. I would quit, but I don't think it would work. Seeing as the strike didn't!!!!

couple's counselling?

:rofl2:

What attracted you to him in the first place?! Sounds like his brains need to be mailed back to his mother! LOL

:rofl2:

What attracted you to him in the first place?! Sounds like his brains need to be mailed back to his mother! LOL

That was a long long long time ago. :lol:

I think it was his smile. Lol. I guess that couple be one of the problems.. he never cut the ambilical cord.. good grief!

We did try counseling once apon a midnight moon... Though I gave up when all I heard was..Me, Me, Me... Its all her fault..etc. I was like.. WTF?! The counsler was did not hold an unbaised opinion. Sheesh!

Seems you really do have too much on ur plate!...Marriage is 50-50 (I believe). I like to keep on top of things myself, but there are times I get sick, and my boys really help around the house. They vacuum, wash dishes, even fix lunch/breakfast or a lite dinner when I'm not well. The garbage is ALWAYS taken out and they make their own beds.

Dunno how old ur kids are....do they help? Maybe asking ur family to "help" until you get back on ur feet and 100%?

If ur hubby continues to ignore ur needs and not pulling his share of the chores, let his laundry pile up!

Hire a stable hand to take care of the horses...(shouldn't that be a "man's" job)?

Things go so much smoother when everyone cooperates at home and does their share. He's setting a "bad example". It would make me angry and upset also. Especially if I had surgery, and he did nothing but lay around! And expect you to do it anyway when ur sick!

Don't make sense to me. I figure there's gonna be a "lot more problems" down the road if he doesn't "shape up" and take on his family's responsibility more. He's not a kid, he's a man and knows better.

Just a thought here....looking at your picture, I think you would have no trouble finding a replacement. :cool2:

Is he HWP? Also do you have a pic?

Brayden's Mom,
we know nagging doesn't work.
Have you read "Don't Shoot the Dog" by Karen Pryor? It will teach you how to positively reinforce any tiny step in the right direction to get hubby moving! Also works with kids and other animals like dogs etc.
My hubby brags he didn't come out of the box that way! (meaning he is always helpful!)

Back