Need to rant/vent.

Lucia, check your PM. I sent ya a message. You have to kind of bear with me on it. I had a few different thoughts tha ti was trying to convey. The problem was I had Lilly climbing all over me while she was watching sponge bob and jumping on my lap.

Hehe, Lilly sounds so cute! Yeah, I replied. :)

I haven't seen my audie since I first got activated, so those old maps are not going to work, they are just too loud. Really unbearable to the point where I am not wearing my CI now. I was doing really well then on Saturday, BAM, things suddenly got TOO LOUD...and I didn't even get new maps...they are the same ones from activation day. Thanks...I'm just really frustrated lately. I don't react very well when I get frustrated.
understood, hope it get resolved this wednesday.. :)

Wow. I never thought of your situation. I hope that you don't have headache. It would be nice if there is a program on your own computer that allow you to adjust the sounds or the volume. It is really scary to deal with the loudness. I hope that your CI do not harm your hearing. If I were you, I will go crazy and must see my audiologist for a damn emergancy no matter what! It's my money. uh, right?

Wow. I never thought of your situation. I hope that you don't have headache. It would be nice if there is a program on your own computer that allow you to adjust the sounds or the volume. It is really scary to deal with the loudness. I hope that your CI do not harm your hearing. If I were you, I will go crazy and must see my audiologist for a damn emergancy no matter what! It's my money. uh, right?

No, I don't have a headache, just very annoying tinnitus in my right ear. I am not wearing my CI right now because it's just too loud and I am waiting til I see my audie on Wednesday, but I do agree with you, I wish I could adjust it right here at home.

No, I don't have a headache, just very annoying tinnitus in my right ear. I am not wearing my CI right now because it's just too loud and I am waiting til I see my audie on Wednesday, but I do agree with you, I wish I could adjust it right here at home.

I don't know if it is a possible for you to wear your old hearing aid to ignore tinnitus just for a temporary. I don't know if it is a good idea...

I don't know if it is a possible for you to wear your old hearing aid to ignore tinnitus just for a temporary. I don't know if it is a good idea...

I don't have my old hearing aids anymore. Haven't worn them since I was 10. But thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm sure you'll be fine and that the problem is fixable. I bet my left testicle on it! :eek3:

Lucia, I am very sorry.. Hope everything goes well on wed for your CI. Everyone do have bad day, not just you.. I sometimes do have bad days.

Good.
I wonder how could a woman piss onto the toilet seat ? I mean, unlike men, women always piss when they sit on the toilet seat. How could that be made?

Good.
I wonder how could a woman piss onto the toilet seat ? I mean, unlike men, women always piss when they sit on the toilet seat. How could that be made?

Bitch was probably trying to hover and pissed all over it and didn't bother to clean up.

Or it was a guy who was too drunk to care (It was an alcohol serving bar right?) and went into the wrong room.

Hello Lucia,
You're entitled to a rant in public or otherwise.
Anyway, I was sorry to hear that things haven't been turning out well for you. But I hope the tide will turn for the better when you go and consult with your audie this Wednesday. I'm sure the CI prob can be fixed somehow.
Let us know how that went, eh. :)
Hang in there.

lucia i was in the same shoes as you were last monday.... sunday morning earthquake, then dealing with fiasco left and right, the monday forgot my reading glasses at a friends house so went for that then went down to drop my dads meds off at moms only to SLAM the door into my hand fracturing my first finger and wrecking my top hand oh i was SO MAD i actually KICKED my truck for this, then i ended up going to er then my partner showed up saying the interp told her i was in a car wreck i was like WTF NO! i explained everything to her, and then i had only to find out she messed up my partners day which affected me, so yah it was bad, but i can understand the CI point of veiw i can't live without my hearing aid, cuz i need to hear the comfort of my mother i know she won't be around forever but the concept is, a mother voice bonds us. anyway... i can understand ur delimia i do hope things do come to a resoultion. i dont blame you for feeling this way. I know its fustrating, but rememver the old saying, one day at a time :)

hang in there.

Lucia I dont think Ive ever seen this side of you. Good "Fuck You" rant. hang in there cuz its all just a speedbump right now but things will pick back up.

Good rant, Lucia! Everyone needs to get a Fuck You! rant out of their system from time to time. Sorry things are so shitty right now, but wish you luck on Wed. Let us know how your visit goes.

It will Be OK

Lucia, I'm sure everything will be fine. I lost the hearing in my right ear 15 years ago. I thought i was gonna loose my mind with the ringing in my ear. Then the other ear started. Finally last year I woke up from a nap and all of my hearing was gone. The ringing noise is always there. I can't get an Implant cuz they say It's not covered by medicare or medicaid. So after they told me they were going to put one in, they said they can't now. That was a HUGE dissapointment for me. I just became a grandma and I was holding him and I started crying cuz I couldn't hear him cry. You look like you are about the same age as my daughter. I wish I could give you a big hug. Everything is gonna work out. Aliboo

That's odd...Medicaid and Medicare covered my CI and the surgery and everything for me.

Lucia, I'm sure everything will be fine. I lost the hearing in my right ear 15 years ago. I thought i was gonna loose my mind with the ringing in my ear. Then the other ear started. Finally last year I woke up from a nap and all of my hearing was gone. The ringing noise is always there. I can't get an Implant cuz they say It's not covered by medicare or medicaid. So after they told me they were going to put one in, they said they can't now. That was a HUGE dissapointment for me. I just became a grandma and I was holding him and I started crying cuz I couldn't hear him cry. You look like you are about the same age as my daughter. I wish I could give you a big hug. Everything is gonna work out. Aliboo

Lucia, Yeah when I asked they told me to write my Congressman. I was told that it was due to the FDA saying it had a high failure rate. It could be just my State. I live in Ohio. I beleive that each State might have different rules. But Medicare here will not pay for a CI, Hearing Aid, Or any type of "Prothesis" as they called it. Unless it was a replacement for a vital organ, like a lung or kidney. My Boyfriend was just diagnosed with lung cancer. His doctor told us both to put up a fight every time they tell you "no". So we have been dealing with SSI and SSDI for the last couple years. They make it really hard. All the stress makes the vertigo and the ringing in my ears worse. But I'm Old too. Like 50, at least that's what the kids tell us. I think it's because it's cheaper to keep me on SSDI than fix me. I was tod it would cost around 40,000 dollars for the Implant ,Surgery, and therapy. So I'm gonna keep buggin them until I get it. I don't qualify for medicaid. I would have to spend over half of my check every month on medical stuff to get it. So I have to wait for the medicare to even go back to the clinic. Good luck with everything, and I hope you believe me when I say I truly understand what you are going through. Aliboo

Back