Need to lose weight help begged for!!

Dr. Manny Alvarze said on fox news that low fat diet failed to ward off deadly diseases, and doesn't reduced breast cancer, and doesn't help women prevent heart attack and doesn't reduce fat in women.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Dr. Manny Alvarze said on fox news that low fat diet failed to ward off deadly diseases, and doesn't reduced breast cancer, and doesn't help women prevent heart attack and doesn't reduce fat in women.

This isn't a big deal. Studies contradict each other all the time.

Right, I still empathize that it is important to balance the food intake, and liquid intake. Some fats are healthy, much healtier than zero fat! Limit the sodium intake is the real key to losing the weight. So is the speed, if you find yourself losing weight faster than safe speed, then EAT MORE, but hold that salt! Relaxing on liquid intake too. Not completely stop, otherwise can get you dehydrated and it is dangerous.

Oceanbreeze said:
This isn't a big deal. Studies contradict each other all the time.

diehardbiker65 said:
Right, I still empathize that it is important to balance the food intake, and liquid intake. Some fats are healthy, much healtier than zero fat! Limit the sodium intake is the real key to losing the weight. So is the speed, if you find yourself losing weight faster than safe speed, then EAT MORE, but hold that salt! Relaxing on liquid intake too. Not completely stop, otherwise can get you dehydrated and it is dangerous.

I would say you're right, but would like to add that each person trying to lose weight should see their doctor before starting any weight loss endeavor. Some of the things you mentioned could be harmful in some people, and it's always best to check with your doctor before embarking on anything that will have an impact on your overall health.

oceanbreeze you are so right. Talking to your doctor is very important my doctor said i was healthy enough to start a diet and i could choose my own since i have no special needs.

Your right, I am speaking for general, and people who are in decent health condition. Some people might have their own health problem and should consult doctor first.
Oceanbreeze said:
I would say you're right, but would like to add that each person trying to lose weight should see their doctor before starting any weight loss endeavor. Some of the things you mentioned could be harmful in some people, and it's always best to check with your doctor before embarking on anything that will have an impact on your overall health.

will working on it.. *Try my best as long goal my lose weight* espically thyroid.. I must think postive overcome beat my thyroid.. Wishes me good luck.. *sigh*

As same you're the best of luck your goal lose the weight..

Which I've got IM'ed Cheir and told me about Soduim.. Made me shocked about this.. and stormed check my favorite pop Canadian Dry... Re-read again.. OMG.. Yes it's there have soduim.. *mumbling melts my hearts goes out for this tempation pop* I spoke w/my hubby 'bout this and said.. worth shot try reduce and get back the spring water... Digg'n in my fill somatch.. that what he said...
So Many Thanks for tip helpful..
Cheri.. :ily: so many thanks for throw info 'bout it.

diehardbiker65 said:

Yes, it´s an exactly... We need to have sodium and fat in our body but we have to limit sodium and fat a day. (I will create a thread about this when I have time).

I took iodine salt and eat more fish due thyroid issue, I have since 3 years.

GalaxyAngel said:
will working on it.. *Try my best as long goal my lose weight* espically thyroid.. I must think postive overcome beat my thyroid.. Wishes me good luck.. *sigh*

Which I've got IM'ed Cheir and told me about Soduim.. Made me shocked about this.. and stormed check my favorite pop Canadian Dry... Re-read again.. OMG.. Yes it's there have soduim.. *mumbling melts my hearts goes out for this tempation pop* I spoke w/my hubby 'bout this and said.. worth shot try reduce and get back the spring water... Digg'n in my fill somatch.. that what he said...

If you have thyroid then take iodine salt. We need soduim in our body due thyroid but we have to limit Soduim like what DHB said. I will create a thread about Soduim later...

GalaxyAngel said:

You're welcome, :ily: Diehardbiker is the one who informed me about soduim and without him I would be the way I am now. I am greatful to have a wonderful and caring guy who wants to help me lose the weight I need to lose. ;)

Good Luck GalaxyAngel and Lil_country_gal :grouphug:

Cheri said:
You're welcome, :ily: Diehardbiker is the one who informed me about soduim and without him I would be the way I am now. I am greatful to have a wonderful and caring guy who wants to help me lose the weight I need to lose. ;)

Good Luck GalaxyAngel and Lil_country_gal :grouphug:

Cheri your so lucky to have a guy like Diehardbiker.

GalaxyAngel said:

wait a mins what is soduim ?? is that make lose weight or else?? as yu know I had underactive thyriod too :) :hug:

Heath said:
Sodium = Salt

Sodium is not salt. Though in conventional language, people say "sodium" as if it meant salt nonetheless.

Sodium Chloride (NaCl) is salt. Regular Sodium (Na) is just, well, a pretty decoration on the Periodic Table hanging on your wall. ;)

Endymion said:
Sodium is not salt.

Sodium Chloride (NaCl) is salt. Regular Sodium (Na) is just, well, a pretty decoration on the Periodic Table hanging on your wall. ;)

That's right ... I had forgotten about that. Endymion is right.

Endymion said:
Sodium is not salt. Though in conventional language, people say "sodium" as if it meant salt nonetheless.

Table salt and sodium chloride are the same thing. :)

Lil_country_gal said:
oceanbreeze you are so right. Talking to your doctor is very important my doctor said i was healthy enough to start a diet and i could choose my own since i have no special needs.

Yep! Unfortunately, I do have "special needs". I have kidney problems that makes it inadvisable for me to cut my fluid intake. In fact, I've been advised to do just the opposite! People with kidney issues should also weigh (no pun intended lol) very heavily whether or not, the South Beach Diet is good for them. Excess protein can damage the kidneys.

Fun stuff, eh? This is all stuff you learn as you go.

They said high fiber will help u to lose weight. 25 grams a day for woman and 38 grams a day for man.

good luck.

jazzy said:
They said high fiber will help u to lose weight. 25 grams a day for woman and 38 grams a day for man.

good luck.

Exactly but you have to drink more liquids (water or herb teas) when you eat whole grains etc (high fiber) to helps to absorb fluid from your intestine.

Back