Need Some Good Advice!

ericavillapa

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
My name is Erica. I'm new here on this website and I'm loving it. I'm hearing but I'm so into deaf culture. This year in the 9th grade I'm taking ASL and it is the best thing I've ever done. I'm picking up the language but I still have a lot to learn. I live right near a Deaf school and I really want to have a really good relationship with both school. I want to start some kind of fun program to help get to know each other. I would love to have some kind of workshop day and then a dance afterwards or a ASL concert. My only problem is I'm trying to think of good ideas and activities to do in the workshop. I am working with my ASL teacher to work on this. It would be great if you could contact me and let me know about any ideas you have or any experiences you've had related to this.

Thank you guys,
Erica :)

Hi everyone

Hey Everyone,
My name is Erica. I'm new here on this website and I'm loving it. I'm hearing but I'm so into deaf culture. This year in the 9th grade I'm taking ASL and it is the best thing I've ever done. I'm picking up the language but I still have a lot to learn. I live right near a Deaf school and I really want to have a really good relationship with both school. I want to start some kind of fun program to help get to know each other. I would love to have some kind of workshop day and then a dance afterwards or a ASL concert. My only problem is I'm trying to think of good ideas and activities to do in the workshop. I am working with my ASL teacher to work on this. It would be great if you could contact me and let me know about any ideas you have or any experiences you've had related to this.

Thank you guys,
Erica

Hey Everyone,

Thank you guys,
Erica :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Are there any deaf or hard of hearing students in your school beside the Deaf school near your house? You did not mention if there is any deaf or hard of hearing students in your school. If they are there in your school, you could communicate with them in ASL. :hmm:

Enjoy reading and posting here. :wave:

Back