Need more info about CI

Milwaukee

Reaction score
I just want hear real reviews from people who was young adult and got CI

Did it work does it sound like you wear hear aid or it different sound?

Can they put on left ear since my ear on left are bad from horrible infection. Right ear is still good but could hear 80 decibel

I got mine when I was around 28 years old. I wore hearing aids all my life. it sounded horrible at first, but I got used to it and now I like it, better than hearing aids.

it does sound somewhat like a hearing aid, but the sounds are little more crisper and you have better control of how loud you want it (after you get used to it and after several trips for mapping).. and NO FEEDBACK, thank goodness!

I can understand conversation from other rooms now if people are calling out to me. I still struggle with phones and I struggle the most in noisy environments (compare to my hearing family).

Dan, yes its an awesome idea to go for a CI for your deafer ear!
I still struggle with phones and I struggle the most in noisy environments (compare to my hearing family).
Yes.....bear in mind that even if you get a TON of benifit from CI, you'll still have to deal with all the disadvantages that hoh folks deal with.
(background noise, sound localization, speech perception with CI can range from what a severe/profounder might be able to hear speechwise without an aid (that can mean something like 20%- 30% of speech) to mild moderate hoh levels)

Can they put on left ear since my ear on left are bad from horrible infection. Right ear is still good but could hear 80 decibel

if you are afraid of the risk, yes go for it. Your surgeon should tell you your deafer ears can handle CI. That's what I did.

But now I wondered if I should have used my stronger ears.

I am thinking about getting a second CI before my other ear go to waste because I can't benefit from hearing aids at all anymore. I tried on my old hearing aids and i can barely hear anything from it. I feel like my unimplanted ear is going mush

Back