need information

westernirish

Reaction score
Hi.. just join the club.. I will give you some insight of me before hitting the main questions.
I was born deaf due to german messle attacked me before I was born. Wore aids since 3. right ear is profound deaf. Left ear server loss.. I dont know how to read the audio chart which the audo made but I knew my chart line is wayy down. ( I will post one later). Presently I am wearing the seimens Celo 2SP BTE. Its a good aid and the sounds is very smooth. clarity is very good. Its not even near the mid-level aid, I dont think so.
I need a backup aid in case celo needs in repair. Last week I tried the Phonak nadio Q, newest on the market. It sounds metalic and I am not getting any good results from listening to my dad lower voice while I can hear my moms good.. but very sharp. I will be trying out the untrion SP aid. I am looking at others brands that works closely to Celo SP2.. So I hope you have some infor I can learn from.

Phonak Naida Qs will sound very strange due to the Sound Recover. People like myself, our brains have got used to the Phonak Naidas. Because of the Sound Recover, it takes a while to get used to it and trying them out for a short time, won't give you the full benefit of what they could offer you tho.

Good Luck on the other hearing aids you will be trying tho!

good luck trying other hearing aids too! (Oticon is a good brand too so you might wanna check out the chilli since they're the hottest dish!)

Phonak Naida Qs will sound very strange due to the Sound Recover. People like myself, our brains have got used to the Phonak Naidas. Because of the Sound Recover, it takes a while to get used to it and trying them out for a short time, won't give you the full benefit of what they could offer you tho.

Good Luck on the other hearing aids you will be trying tho!
Yes it does sounds strange, the audio tech adjusted 2x. I did used it for a few days.. but my mind and hearing rejected it due it way it sounds. I never like to use an aid that is freshest on the market until the bugs are taken care of. that one of the lesson I learned many years ago on one aid.
I am more use to the sound from the celo and and the smoothness of the voice of it. In the past, the celo is my frist digtal aid and only had to adjusted just once to my hearing prefence. I am aware it may takes two or three times to get it hit the bulleye. I dont need to keep going to a month time to try get it right.
I am no stranger to the oitcon brand.. had an old body aid when I was in the middle school until college yrs.

Yes it does sounds strange, the audio tech adjusted 2x. I did used it for a few days.. but my mind and hearing rejected it due it way it sounds. I never like to use an aid that is freshest on the market until the bugs are taken care of. that one of the lesson I learned many years ago on one aid.
I am more use to the sound from the celo and and the smoothness of the voice of it. In the past, the celo is my frist digtal aid and only had to adjusted just once to my hearing prefence. I am aware it may takes two or three times to get it hit the bulleye. I dont need to keep going to a month time to try get it right.
I am no stranger to the oitcon brand.. had an old body aid when I was in the middle school until college yrs.

Your hearing rejected it b/c you didn't use it for long enough. A few days is not long enough to get used to it but anyway, never mind.

Nad..
you dont know where I am coming from.. phonak is a phonak,, but I had vary other kind of aids over the years. The celo sp2 is the frist digtal aid I had, so I know what I am getting out is great. The mid level aids like yours Q platform got more channels. Still it up to my personal taste in the reporduction of the sounds I need to hear to be happy.. three days is plenty but I never like the metalic sounds that produced by Nadia Q. I am aware the monditor pulled three posts already few mins ago. So dont start mashing the issue.

yeah btw for me, I think Oticon sounds more natural than mechanical (almost brought a Naida but I ended up going with a hearing aid that has more swag LAWL)

Why not Siemens Nitro if you already like Siemens

Safari...I agreed that oitcon is a good brand and oldest hearing producer. I had a body aid when I was in middle school.
Bottesini, I did tried the Nitro.. but the sounds like in a basketball court with full of folks and the anouncer punching out player names.. that is back 5 yrs ago when they came out with that.. This why I hate aids that is just on the market.. but havent weed out the bugs yet.
I am waiting on the audio to find the right one.. if she cant do it then I will find someone who can. Funny thing is this, the audio can do the hearing test very good but cant do good on tune in the aid to match. I had that problem in the past

:D,,yep. they are good brand. Right now I have seimens cello sp2, a base model works well for me. Now, I am on trail testing Nitro SP model 301. So far it is good. The audo told me this near the top line model and spoken with the seimens rep on this model. It sounds close to cello but more clarity and punch on the power.
In the past, I had the bodyaid brand name Kingman, then, otican p1101p, then danovxn 135 BTE, then resound model( unworthly piece of sh$t). then starkey TSP model bte 1997 until 2008 the celosp2 and intuis sp( a lemon aid for the past 3 yrs).
say sarfi.. how u lost your hearing?

With the many naida users I'm sure they'd agree with me when said that 3 days is definitely not enough time to trial that aid. I've used 3 different versions of the naida and each time I received a new one it took at least a week or two. Now obviously yes everyone is different and to each their own but again a few days usually isn't enough to trial any hearing aid let alone the naida. If anything its probably because you are used to the certain "sound" that siemens hearing aids produces just like I am partial to the phonak "sound". Most people usually like a certain brand so if you like that than I'd stick with that.

lovesebras,, I agreed that it does take time.. everybody are differnt thus going to one brand to other it will notice the differnt in sounds. I noticed right away and tried to make adjustments to meet my needs.. I tried the nadios for total 6 days ( the frist set up then rejected, second time to readjusted still noper.) I am quite picky comes to certain things. I do need to hear clear and need to listen to certain things. such as phones and music( bagpipes).

:D,,yep. they are good brand. Right now I have seimens cello sp2, a base model works well for me. Now, I am on trail testing Nitro SP model 301. So far it is good. The audo told me this near the top line model and spoken with the seimens rep on this model. It sounds close to cello but more clarity and punch on the power.
In the past, I had the bodyaid brand name Kingman, then, otican p1101p, then danovxn 135 BTE, then resound model( unworthly piece of sh$t). then starkey TSP model bte 1997 until 2008 the celosp2 and intuis sp( a lemon aid for the past 3 yrs).
say sarfi.. how u lost your hearing?

for me, I was technically born this way ;)

ahh Sarfari:lol: nice way to declare your loss.. I was born deaf due the german messle got me before I was born.. the early 70s when advance medical was in the infainty when today they have tech to catch the problem before it start.

ahh Sarfari:lol: nice way to declare your loss.. I was born deaf due the german messle got me before I was born.. the early 70s when advance medical was in the infainty when today they have tech to catch the problem before it start.

wow! I had a friend who caught a type of meningitis as a baby which caused her to lose 75% of her hearing (the same hearing percentage I was in during my junior-senior year, lost 50% back then lol)

Some audiologists can let people borrow a HA while their is being fixed. You could see if your audiologist does this .

Back