need info on CI

SpiceHD

Reaction score
I lost my Cochlear Implant no thanks to this specific jerk... now im trying to get new one... how do i get info on that and do medicard accept if its in out of state? i miss my Cochlear Implant :(

SpiceHD said:
I lost my Cochlear Implant no thanks to this specific jerk... now im trying to get new one... how do i get info on that and do medicard accept if its in out of state? i miss my Cochlear Implant :(

agree with deafscuba,

How did you lose it ? what did this doctor do ? have yo check with your state medicaid to see if they can replace it ? have you spoke with another doctor or same doctor about replacement ? Or talk directly to bionic ear/Nucleus/Med-El whatever your brands were...

Hope things work out, Good luck
Wendy

Lots of people lose their equipment so contact your manufacturer (bionics, nucleus, clarion, etc) to see if they can get you a new one for free. If not, ask your doctor who approved it in the first place for a new replacement covered by your insurance.

If I lose my BTE, I hear that it will cost me like 4,000 to replace it.

a jerk is using it against me.. he refuse to give it back to me unless i go back to him as in relationship and then he claimed he doesnt have it and the police cant find it so either he threw it away when he gave up on trying to get me back (CI wasnt only thing.. he also have my car, my antiques, and etc so im screwed when it come to those things too)

i have no idea who was my doctor or where ... i got it when i was 9 years old and that was like 14 years ago ... i tried to contact several people and they says they dont have my records anymore

and please explain more about manufacturer? how do i contact them? or whatever?
i never heard of bionics, clarion, etc but nucleus sound familiar to me.. i think thats the brand of my CI? i still cant believe no one have my records.. maybe i contacted wrong person? but since it was a surgery... it has to be in computer right? would doctors have it anywhere with info of who done it and etc?

if u were 9 years old at the time of implantation -- ur folks should know who did the surgery and blah blah and can give u that doc's info so u can get ur own records

Hi, I have an idea. Why don't you contact Nucleus and explain the situation and tell them to see if they can pull up your name in their file? If not, move up to AB, though I don't think it existed during your time. AB has been around since 1995, so I bet you have Nucleus.

Explain to them what you can do that this jerk took your device. If you have other things that he is keeping, then I will suggest you go to court to reclaim those things. Can the court at least have him pay for losing your CI?

What a nasty bastard. I hope you get your things back. Please keep coming back to see if we can help you until you find your implant. I am sure you can find a way.

Also, I want to tell you that I have insurance for this, so if it gets lost or stolen or other things happen, they replace it. You have to pay every year just like any other kind of insurance in case those things happen. Ask about having insurance so that you don't have to pay so much.

When you find your doctor through Cochlear Corp. makers of Nucleus, make sure to ask your doctor for copy of necessary documents and keep them for your own records.

Go to cochlear.com for info or

use this info from their website (copied and pasted)

Cochlear Corporation
400 Inverness Parkway
Suite 400
Englewood Colorado 80112
USA
Toll Free: 1 800 523 5798
Telephone: 1 303 790 9010
Fax: 1 303 792 9025

or you can go to their website and click Contact Us at the bottom and "visit our feedback form" if you prefer e-mail. That's weird that I don't see a TTY, but you know you could use relay :D.

Last edited:
thank you soooooo much TiaraPrincess that is soo helpful... im gonna call them now... i truly appeciate all of your help..

as for my folks.. my dad is a drunk and wouldnt know anything and my mom died in 1995 so thats why im asking you instead of them :-D

I am sorry it's a bit hard for you, but really SpiceHD--I don't mind helping at all, so if you need any more help write back later :D.

Your doctor should know exactly what model you need to replace your CI with.

As for the ex, I would take the jerk to court and have him buy you a new CI. After all, this is apparently a crime - and they are very very costly to replace. Not a matter to pussyfoot around, you know. :nono:

Get a lawyer.

Good luck!

lol im poor mofo.. cant even afford to get a good lawyer (a free lawyer wouldnt do any good since that jerk will get the only BEST lawyer) he got money and i dont so either way he will buy his winning while i suffer... i do not think i want to suffer anymore .. one year is long enough i just moved out of state and is now free from all shit from my old home state so im starting new and is rebuilding my life so im not gonna bring old shit from my home state to my new home state forget it. I simply dont want to suffer anymore :-D

so im gonna get new CI and right now im getting pretty close to finding out whose my doctor was... i found a teacher who has been helping me with my mom for CI and was responsible for funds stuff... and i found out he still have some leftover for it so thats really is awesome right now hes gonna check the files for me to get info that i needed :)

If id were you i get a gun point at the guy and tell him im only gonna tell you once and only once give me back my CI if you make anymore excuses you might not get another chance. Belive you me he`ll give it back cause guns make you listen. Like the guy pointed a gun at me told me give him my wallet so i gave it to him.

LOL i tried that with BB gun that look like automatic gun.. only got me in trouble with cops and a huge fine.. not worth of it .. trust me..

he got a cellphone where he can call cops and then talk to the cops without me knowing it.. and within 5 min cops were all over me.. one huge mistake.. and a mistake i dont ever EVER plan to repeat...

i mean i dont have plans to kill him but threat is a threat and for that i got in trouble

okay.. look like i have to get new audiologist since i do not know who was my former audiologist... that person was supposed to take care of everything and ill be able to get it back.. also once its set up... look like i have to go out of the state to visit that person and that person will order it for me hopefully medicard will cover the money and i truly hope ill get new model that called 3G :-D i was soo shocked to find out it cost 6 thousand!! my old model will cost me only $1100... so i will see which model ill be getting :) thank you sooo much tiaraprincess.. you truly helped me big time :)

SpiceHD said:
okay.. look like i have to get new audiologist since i do not know who was my former audiologist... that person was supposed to take care of everything and ill be able to get it back.. also once its set up... look like i have to go out of the state to visit that person and that person will order it for me hopefully medicard will cover the money and i truly hope ill get new model that called 3G :-D i was soo shocked to find out it cost 6 thousand!! my old model will cost me only $1100... so i will see which model ill be getting :) thank you sooo much tiaraprincess.. you truly helped me big time :)

I am excited for you! The 3G is a BTE, you're lucky to get that now! Much more comfort for you and no hassle managing around clothes :D. Let us know if you hear better or different with this :).

more good news.. my old teacher still have funds too as well for cochlear implant and will help me get 3G and i now have an appt with audiologist on dec 2nd... maybe i ll get CI for christmas? whooo :-D

hey, since I know you Spice... heres a big :hug: I hope that things goes well! I had to find out about this by reading this! tsk tsk lol ;) take it easy and good luck!! :)

Awesome, WTG Spice! I knew you wanted to get replacement.

GL with it.
Wish I could be around to help
*found out about it here too*
:cuddle:

Back