Need help.

WakeyNicole

Reaction score
My hearing mum and stepdad are using deaf abuse, but I have no idea why are they doing that to me? My mum smacked me many times and I knew that she used deaf abuse! She was so mad at me, but I didn't care if I wanted to stay up late. However, they told me to go to bed at the midnight. No, what if I'm not tired?

She was so mad at me, but I didn't care if I wanted to stay up late. However, they told me to go to bed at the midnight. No, what if I'm not tired?

What are you, 5?

If you're an adult and don't like your parents rules then you need to look for a job and find your own place.

While you're living under your parents roof though, they do get to have a say in how you act in their house. If you aren't tired at midnight, go into your room, turn out the lights and put on a small side light to read or something else that's 100% quiet and won't disturb your parents and anyone else in the house that's trying to sleep.

I'm not 5 years old. I am 18 years old. But there is problem with my mum. She don't understand the way what I'm doing or why am I staying up late for. She have no idea what I'm doing, though. To be honest, I am silent to talk and laugh, but when my cochlear implant off which means I can't hear myself and other people talk.

My hearing mum and stepdad are using deaf abuse, but I have no idea why are they doing that to me? My mum smacked me many times and I knew that she used deaf abuse! She was so mad at me, but I didn't care if I wanted to stay up late. However, they told me to go to bed at the midnight. No, what if I'm not tired?

You are 18, and you should really get a job and your own apartment.

At this point you are abusing their hospitality. They have no obligation to house and care for you.

If you are annoying enough, they can just throw you out.

They would probably like a life of their own, which you are interfering with if you are up at all hours.

You are 18, and you should really get a job and your own apartment.

At this point you are abusing their hospitality. They have no obligation to house and care for you.

If you are annoying enough, they can just throw you out.

They would probably like a life of their own, which you are interfering with if you are up at all hours.

LOL

You are funny.

I always wait for Bottis replies to these kinds of posts. I know she will tell it like it is.

You go Botti!!!!!

This really doesn't have anything to do with you being deaf. Sounds like a parent, "adult" conflict. Parents win, your in their house, their rules.

Parents always win.

When they're paying all the bills and providing a roof over your head - yeah, they do.

If your mum is being abusive - meaning she's actually hitting/beating you (not just a "smack upside the head" when you're being a brat) then you need to get a job, get a place of your own and start your own life.

(By the time I was 18 I was living on my own, paying my own way and attending university all in a different country from my parents ... )

If you dislike your parents' rules, then get a job and move out. Quit whining.

I'm not whining. It's just my mum's beating me. All she have to calm down, if she's carrying on. I had move out of her house and I lived with my grandma's house now and forever.

I'm not whining. It's just my mum's beating me. All she have to calm down, if she's carrying on. I had move out of her house and I lived with my grandma's house now and forever.

WakeyNicole, are there any independent living post secondary Dhh programs where you are? Do you have other needs? Can't you live on your own and get a job?

Why do you say you need to live with your Grandma forever? Are you not able to get a job and a place of your own?

If you are not happy about the rules of the house, then you do need a place of your own.

Are you giving your parent rent each month? Are you cooking for yourself or doing your own washing? Or are you are parents still babying you?

Whiles you live with your parents and especially if you don't pay rent, do your own washing, cook for yourself or anything, they have the right to tell you what to do.

They are highly likely telling you to go to bed at midnight b/c other people in the house want to sleep and don't want you moving around and making lots of noise. If I want to stay up and the other people in my house want to sleep, I'll stay in my room and not make much noise. I'll keep my hearing aids in to make sure I'm not making too much noise. I can't hear a thing without my hearing aids in so to appreciate the other people and make sure I'm not noisy, I'll keep them in!

my house deaf woman abuse under age child by making them go to bed before 12m.n and insist on respect.ok they should not hit you but i sure your parents trying do their best. no like it you 18 move out get job

No, when my mum text me if she is calm down, now. I will move back to her house, and she will help me to find a job, to be honest.

Why don't you contact your local school for the Deaf and see if they have anything that could help you? I think you can attend up to age 19.......

Back