Need help wth deaf culture assignment

Thehamfreddy

Reaction score
I'm new and completely sorry if this is in the wrong category.i need to interview a Deaf individual who grew up in a residential school. If anyone can help I would gladly appreciate it. I just have five questions to ask and that is all

I am a college student at mt San jacinto community college . My teacher is Leslie Greer.

Hello! Did you ask your teacher if it was OK to post her name on the internet? What if she had an abusive ex husband or b/f she is hiding from ??? You don't post people names or address of where they work without asking them first. You could end up being a cooked ham.

Members. Go easy on OP.

HUH! They just posted a woman name on the internet , how would you like someone posting your name and the address of where you worked with out asking you first? I am thinking about the safety of a woman and there is nothing wrong about that.

HUH! They just posted a woman name on the internet , how would you like someone posting your name and the address of where you worked with out asking you first? I am thinking about the safety of a woman and there is nothing wrong about that.

First, Your name isn't In there. Secondly, educating OP in a nice way when op is new. Thirdly I think op would think we Deafies are bitter which is not true.

Nonsense. You just like to be combative. Her name is easily accessible if you google the college he goes to. Part of the risk college teachers run.

Programs » American Sign Language Go back
American Sign Language

Degree(s)
None

Certificate(s)
None

Employment Concentration Certificate(s)
None

San Jacinto Campus
(951) 487-MSJC (6752)
1-800-624-5561

Menifee Valley Campus
(951) 672-MSJC (6752)
1-800-452-3335
Leslie Greer - TTY 951-672-9423
lgreer@msjc.edu

Program Description
These courses introduce the fundamentals of American Sign Language as used within the deaf community, as well as Deaf culture.

Distinctive Features
The study of American Sign Language (ASL) offers students the chance to communicate in and understand another language while familiarizing themselves with the community and culture of the target language group. Students are exposed to a variety of learning situations to increase their understanding of American Sign Language and Deaf culture. Audiovisual, computer software, and field trips to Deaf culture events are used extensively to help students develop their ASL skills.

Transfer Preparation
MSJC offers a range of course work to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. All four–year institutions prescribe their own standards for course evaluation and admissions. Prospective transfer students are advised to review the MSJC catalog with a counselor to determine which MSJC courses are transferable.

Degree
An Associate degree is not available in this major. Students wishing an Associate degree should major in Humanities from Area C of the General Education Requirements in Option A. Students are advised to see a counselor.

Mt. San Jacinto College 2008-2009 Catalog

Hello! Did you ask your teacher if it was OK to post her name on the internet? What if she had an abusive ex husband or b/f she is hiding from ??? You don't post people names or address of where they work without asking them first. You could end up being a cooked ham.

Sorry, I just learned in my deaf culture classes about sharing information about teachers and school. I didn't think of it that way. she always says she's well known outside of the school and thought it would be appropriate to add it

First, Your name isn't In there. Secondly, educating OP in a nice way when op is new. Thirdly I think op would think we Deafies are bitter which is not true.

Thank you for the help and education, I know forums have rules and I'm just trying to follow them as best as I can. And I don't think Deafies are bitter from this experience.

whatdidyousay, how deaf are you? How about whatdidyousign....

Back