need help with CSS hmwk

OpheliaSpeaks

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have to create a .css file and 3 webpages for my online programming class. One has to be "inline style", one has to be "embedded style" and the other one has to be "linked style". I am so confused with the assignment. Especially the part about the .css file. Is there anyone who can help me clarify a few things?
My AIM is iceDiscus45
Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Odd story...I decided to give the assignment a "go" and must have done something right. I got full credit!
:)

I am a HTML and CSS expert, but apologises because I didn't see this thread! :o

When CSS is embedded, it's done between the STYLE and HEAD tags. When CSS is linked, it's done in a separate file ending with ".css" and a referral tag used in STYLE. :)

Wow! Thank you. That really cleared it up. You made it sound so easy. I'm still a bit shady on having html and css in the same document. I understand the concept just not how its really done. Hmmmmm.

Wow! Thank you. That really cleared it up. You made it sound so easy. I'm still a bit shady on having html and css in the same document. I understand the concept just not how its really done. Hmmmmm.
If you're making just one webpage with a bunch of stuff on it, then it's best to have CSS embedded.

If you're making a series of webpages on one site, then it's best to have the CSS linked. That way, all webpages refer to that one CSS file.

A lot of websites use linked CSS files. It helps them maintain order in their webpages.

Let's suppose you are creating a website for the purpose of posting your opinions, thoughts, or feelings... like a self-made blog. You would want to be able to make everything look the same. You could simply make a default template where you fill in the blanks and upload it as a different file name. That way, all webpages follow the same format. But... what if you decide to change the format later on. That would be a lot of work having to change every single page. Right?

Well, this time... you make a linked CSS file. On this linked CSS file, you will have settings for the dates and times of your entries, the title of your entries, the background color, etc... everything you use in all your entries. Now, you suddenly decide that you want your background to be black, your entries to be white, and your dates/times in yellow. You change that one linked CSS file and all the other webpages will change automatically. :)

You're right. It sounded complicated when I first watched my professor do CSS embedded. I'm like, "Wow... a lot of work for each page." When he did it linked, I was actually impressed with the fact that he only had to do a very short line of code on all webpages instead of a long listing of codes. :)

Hey CSS and HTML pros! It's good to see your posts here. So wonder, what kind of school you took CSS and how long before you understand it very well?

I'm very skilled in HTML, and have some knowledge in CSS and Dreamweaver also.

How long did it take you to learn it comfortably?

What is the difference between 'in-line' and 'embedded'?

Thank you! :) :)

Back