need help really badly ....

well my suggestion is reset your router so it can accept your ps2 i had the same problem before but now it working fine and make sure you have an ps2 online cd to download on your ps2 it will connect your system to the server hope it helps

(fei ku) well i dont have vp 100 i have I2eye vp if u have heard of it....it is really suck vp *sighs* i really need vp 200

well my suggestion is reset your router so it can accept your ps2 i had the same problem before but now it working fine and make sure you have an ps2 online cd to download on your ps2 it will connect your system to the server hope it helps

( fei ku) oh really? u have slim ps2 right? i have to reset all information or what? start all over again by fill out are u saying restart like power off then power on but all the information wud be still there? which reset or restart?

I do not have technical information about this product so can not answer the question. HOWEVER, what I know about this is that it uses different video codec, meaning it will not be compatible with VP that is widely used by deafies and VRS.

What's video codec? I hadn't hear about it.

Dhb,

My mom have a LINKSYS that is connect to VP and Comcast Moderm, it's work so wonderful! But, only one thing problem is that they block people, they cannot call her. She had to call people only. So, that LINKSYS is in 2004. So how can you answer that since you mention to Fei Ku that LINKSYS is "lousy" router for vp?

Make this clear, Linksys were known to have issues with VP, just like what you described. Cisco bought Linksys in summer of 2003 and they have revamped their routers. That is where the problem started, you see, your mom have linksys made in 2004, and is having problem with incoming calls. I recommend you to contact SorensonVRS to get free replacement of Dlink or SR-200.

I am sticking to my recommendation with Dlink and SorensonVRS products. Reason? They were known to have excellent compatiblity, and all were designed with in mind of VP!

Dhb,

My mom have a LINKSYS that is connect to VP and Comcast Moderm, it's work so wonderful! But, only one thing problem is that they block people, they cannot call her. She had to call people only. So, that LINKSYS is in 2004. So how can you answer that since you mention to Fei Ku that LINKSYS is "lousy" router for vp?

Make this clear, Linksys were known to have issues with VP, just like what you described. Cisco bought Linksys in summer of 2003 and they have revamped their routers. That is where the problem started, you see, your mom have linksys made in 2004, and is having problem with incoming calls. I recommend you to contact SorensonVRS to get free replacement of Dlink or SR-200.

I am sticking to my recommendation with Dlink and SorensonVRS products. Reason? They were known to have excellent compatiblity, and all were designed with in mind of VP!

They did test my mom's comcast moderm with Dlink, Comcast Moderm with HP Computer rejected Dlink some reasons, so they use LINKSYS is more better for them and it is very work on VP and On-Line Game for the PS2 and X-Box 360. So, it's my mom's choose, she rather that than having people call her since she is ONLY contract me, not other people. So I think it will be very silly if she have Dlink or SR-200... So, it will be better to block people's incoming calls to her, only she call me if she need me to chat with her, that's it.

That is nothing wrong with that. If you wish to stay that way, then Im fine with that.
I can understand with that especially with VP-100 where anyone can change their VP phone number, thus making it real harder for SorensonVRS to investigate. SorensonVRS do NOT record or monitor any calls, PERIOD! So, the problem here is that anyone with VP-100 can change phone number and harass others. But with VP-200, that is not possible. In order to change phone number on VP-200, the user need to contact one of Tech support and submit the request and if approved, they will make that change. That way, if anyone get prank or harassment calls, they can give the phone number to tech support and they can initate the investigation.

They did test my mom's comcast moderm with Dlink, Comcast Moderm with HP Computer rejected Dlink some reasons, so they use LINKSYS is more better for them and it is very work on VP and On-Line Game for the PS2 and X-Box 360. So, it's my mom's choose, she rather that than having people call her since she is ONLY contract me, not other people. So I think it will be very silly if she have Dlink or SR-200... So, it will be better to block people's incoming calls to her, only she call me if she need me to chat with her, that's it.

Are you recommended for me to stick with Linksys?

Do you understand what she said? She said her mom don't want anyone to call her. So because of problem with Linksys, making it perfect solution for her mom so that she won't get any incoming calls.

Are you recommended for me to stick with Linksys?

( fei ku) oh really? u have slim ps2 right? i have to reset all information or what? start all over again by fill out are u saying restart like power off then power on but all the information wud be still there? which reset or restart?
you ll notice the reset button on the router in the back just make sure you have all the power off that includes the modem itself and anything that are connected to the router then use anything that you can press down that reset button in the back for 10 seconds then turn on the modem first after that turne everything else that are connected to it back on it worked for me so it should work for feiku

Steel, you are supposed to reset the cable modem before turn the ps2 on. cable modem will start recoginize ps2's ip when turning the power on for ps2. how willu do that to reset is, look at the back of the cable modem, u see word "reset". thats it.

EDIT: turn the router's power not reset off first and then reset the modem and then when the modem's light solid on then turn the router on and when the light soild on, and then turn ps2 power on thats it.

Yes, that is right, sometimes cache need to be clear up. Do not press that button too hard with paperclip, I have seen some people doing way too hard and done damaged. Just press til you feel soft click, hold for 20 seconds then release.

Steel, you are supposed to reset the cable modem before turn the ps2 on. cable modem will start recoginize ps2's ip when turning the power on for ps2. how willu do that to reset is, look at the back of the cable modem, u see word "reset". thats it.

EDIT: turn the router's power not reset off first and then reset the modem and then when the modem's light solid on then turn the router on and when the light soild on, and then turn ps2 power on thats it.

it wasnt steel it was actually me...i have plm with that connection thing and now u explained now i undy clearly thanks very much everyone for ur help u sure do help me alot soo i will do that at home :ty:

it wasnt steel it was actually me...i have plm with that connection thing and now u explained now i undy clearly thanks very much everyone for ur help u sure do help me alot soo i will do that at home :ty:

you have no problem connecting to online gaming network at home but at steel's house, we were trying ti help u out :) anyways..

Back