Need Help on a College Project

Shotgun29

Reaction score
First I would like to introduce myself as a college student working on project for my Diversity and Change Management class. My project was to pick a diversity for a final project, and I have chosen "hard of hearing or being deaf in the workplace". I have a friend that I work with that is hard of hearing and I see the troubles that the job has given her, and I would like to know what others have to work with on a daily basis.

For example, what has your employer done to work with your diversity? How was it applying for the job? Are your co-workers helpful? And if you have anymore information that could help me understand your position at work, feel free to let me know!!

Please feel free to contact me at david_cox629@yahoo.com with any helpful information you are willing to share!!

Thanks again,

Dave

Some people may be generous and respond but you're going to have to ask specific questions for people to answer.

For example, what has your employer done to work with your diversity? How was it applying for the job? Are your co-workers helpful? And if you have anymore information that could help me understand your position at work, feel free to let me know!!

Dave

I feel generous today :)

My employer learn two words sign. She agree email me instead phone/yell out. This it.

I not need apply job. My dad friends my boss, he ask please give job me.

Coworker (only have 1) sometimes helpful. Most times she talk so can't read her lips, or roll eyes because I not answer phone ever.

When I was working and still had my hearing aids, my boss had the guys rearrange my office so I was facing the door. They hung window coverings up to cut the glare on my computer screen. They got a CapTel phone for the office for me. They installed Dragon Naturally Speaking on a laptop and used that for me during staff meetings so I could keep up. Then, when my hearing aids were gone, they installed mirrors in the hallway outside my office so I could see if anyone was coming. They posted signs outside my office door asking people to not knock, but to flash the light on and off once to get my attention. Luckily, my job did not involve working with the public. I did data entry and dealt with therapists from multiple offices and their billing and paperwork.

Back