Need help for glossing this sentence?

k

Reaction score
I'm an ASL 1 student and I have an assignment to gloss a song which I will have to perform for my final. I was inquiring about "to be" verbs in ASL and apparently the signs for be/being are not actually ASL? I'm having trouble trying to gloss the first line "I like being independent" because I don't know if I should sign I PREFER LIVE ALONE or INDEPENDENT I PREFER or I LIKE?

I'm an ASL 1 student and I have an assignment to gloss a song which I will have to perform for my final. I was inquiring about "to be" verbs in ASL and apparently the signs for be/being are not actually ASL? I'm having trouble trying to gloss the first line "I like being independent" because I don't know if I should sign I PREFER LIVE ALONE or INDEPENDENT I PREFER or I LIKE?

Hello there K. I think you're on the right track but I don't think anyone here is going to help you with your homework. It is your work to do and we can not do it for you. Go with what the song means when it says "I like being independent" I would be more than willing to let you bounce ideas off of me but I wil not give you answers. Okay? Feel free to contact me through one of the ways listed on my page.

Good luck!

Back