Need Advices!!!

Oakley_04

Reaction score
Since Me and Nozobo are moving to new place. we need a advice on prossfional (sp) movers to move our belongs to the new place. Any moving company that you will recommed, like Allied, Mayflower, United, Atlas etc. thanks :)

most of these company you are thinking about will request a mover's fee, and if i was you i'd use uhaul or ryder or a rental truck with no mileage fees, reason being if you use the movers, there is a chance you may lose your things make sure you check the references and make sure there is no chance of them attempting you to lose your things,. your better off using your own body and friends help too, this way you know your things are secured and safe and with you at all times. this is my best recommendation i can give you.

If you are moving locally - then U-Haul, Ryder, Budget, etc would be good and much cheaper than hiring the professional ones.

javapride said:
most of these company you are thinking about will request a mover's fee, and if i was you i'd use uhaul or ryder or a rental truck with no mileage fees, reason being if you use the movers, there is a chance you may lose your things make sure you check the references and make sure there is no chance of them attempting you to lose your things,. your better off using your own body and friends help too, this way you know your things are secured and safe and with you at all times. this is my best recommendation i can give you.

If your car/truck can haul a trailer, I would recommend an uhaul trailer, and have friends help you with all the boxes and the furnitures...you will save a lot of money this way.

When I was looking around for a professional moving company (when I was planning my move from Minnesota to Texas) they all wanted two grand for the move. I ended up not hiring any, and just taking what was really important to me, and moved down here. This was just this past April.

If this is a local move it won't cost you too much for the biggest uhaul truck/trailer. If this is a long distance move, it depends on whether you are renting a trailer or a truck...if all your stuff can fit in the biggest trailer then I would definitely recommend a trailer, it will not cost too much...if you get a truck they are going to charge you for mileage, big time. I was checking into a uhaul truck for my move and they wanted $800. My stuff weren't even worth that much.

When I moved from Wisconsin to Minnesota I rented an uhaul trailer, it only cost me $179 dollars (this was in 2001). When my sister moved from Wisconsin to Virginia she said it cost her around $300 with the trailer. So...call the uhaul company and find out (if you choose uhaul).

I moved from Mass to NH and use uhall truck that my exh rent and cost us $179. Sometimes we get refund not the whole amount but some refund. Talk to uhaul and they will explain to you. I remmy I got my refund $80.00. So the moving cost me $100. :D

Back