Need a help

Endy

Reaction score
I have my CI activated.
Now, I am instructed to begin my listening rehabilitation.
An audiologist gave me a CD-rom, "Hear and Now" consisting lesson trainings.

Problem is that I use MacBook, the CDrom requires to run with Boot Camp or Parallels on Mac. I attempted to install Parallels, it was not successfully installed. Do you have any problem with Mac like this? I contacted the developer of this CD-rom, they did not respond my requests for an instruction how to install Hear and Now CD-rom on my Macbook.

Thank you.
Endy

Manual only shows Windows Installation. No Mac Installation. No manual for Mac Users how to install.

It only says, "Mac using Parallels or Boot Camp" I installed Parallels to run a CDrom. But Parallels has no manual showing how to install my CDrom. Neither CDrom using Parallels. IT stops there, no next step afterwards.

have you read the manual on this? it should help.

If you got the CD from your audi, contact them. They have got to be able to either help with this or give you another CD that is compatible with your OS.

I would ask your audi if there is a version of "Here and Now" for Mac. If there is not a version for Mac you will need to install Windows on your Mac. I did this with my MacBook so I could use a training CD. I would also contact the developer of Parallels to see if they can help you install it. I decided to pay to have someone install the software when I bought my Mac last year.

I did ask audi about it. there is only Windows version. No Mac version. Audi mentioned that Here and Now has to work with Parallels or Boot Camp on Mac Book.

You said it works on your Macbook with Windows running on your Macbook. You said?

All I need is a manual to install Here and Now on Mac using Parallels. I am not going to get runarounds or having someone touching my Macbook. I need a manual for Mac to install Here and Now. I am very good with instructions, directions and manuals. All I need it to get started.

Costs are ridiculous to buy Parallels ($80.00), then have to pay someone ( $55.00 Labor fee) to install. I have to buy Windows ( $279.00) version to install on my Mac. I spend 500 dollars just to run Here and Now CD. It's just wrong. It's simply wrong!

I would ask your audi if there is a version of "Here and Now" for Mac. If there is not a version for Mac you will need to install Windows on your Mac. I did this with my MacBook so I could use a training CD. I would also contact the developer of Parallels to see if they can help you install it. I decided to pay to have someone install the software when I bought my Mac last year.

Audi and I caught in "Back-and-Forth conversations" with the tech support reps at Cochlear Inc. They referred us to Parallels. Those Parallels were not very friendly with the Relay Service - they seemed not understanding. Parallels said that it must be the Here and Now Developers. Audi and I were on this case for two days, forth and back with responses. We are at the verge of having frustration with runarounds between Cochlear Tech Supports and Parallel Tech Supports.

I am not satisfied with it. Audi suggested me to reach the Deaf people have CIs and used Here and Now to see if they use Mac... asking for some help. Audi said to forget the Tech Support.

And I am not allowing anybody touching my Macbook -- all I need is a guide.

If you got the CD from your audi, contact them. They have got to be able to either help with this or give you another CD that is compatible with your OS.

Why not take your Parallels and your Mac to an Apple store and have them install it?

Apple Store is not in the town. Not an Apple store within 5 hours drive in the area. I bought my Macbook when I lived in Denver... until last month, I got my CI activated.

I am not taking it to a shop. Why cannot I install myself? Only if there is a manual or instruction available, Here and Now has a printed instruction for Windows. The instruction shows Windows Installation. Where is the instruction for Mac Installation?

On the instruction, "Mac running on Parallels or Boot Camp." It's only Seven words printed. I perplexedly don't see an instruction for Mac Users.

So, would it be too much for me to ask a Mac installation instruction or a person who has CI, has Here and Now, installed on Macbook themselves, to help me how to install this.

I am not going runarounds. I am not paying someone's labors to install it on my Macbook. I am not paying extra 500 dollars to add to my Macbook. Forget it. Windows Users get special treatment, they get the easy cut, they get the installation instruction. Viola, it runs on Windows. Why this is so complicated and difficult for MAC users to request a instruction. I am capable to take care of my MacBook, I am capable to read it and install without paying a labor fee and installation fee. I am broken, no money in my wallet, only a house moth escaping out of my wallet. *grin*

Why not take your Parallels and your Mac to an Apple store and have them install it?

first off get rid of Parallels and get vm ware they actually have a free player version if you can get a friend to build the vm for you the you can just drag and drop it to work, I know how it is beeing a mac user myself . A lot of med based co will not make mac versions of things and I find it rude I'll see what I can do to help you out if you still need it.

Back