ncff07 Come In Here Please

I think everybody that got Cochlear processors after 2006, got the Freedom Implant. :) So no worries there. Honestly, it doesn't matter because the internal is pretty much the same for the last 20 years...they just changed it to a curling array with N24 CA.

The Freedom Implant has some sort of extra that N24 doesn't have...to this day, I have no idea exactly what it is, but it has to do something with children not adults. So, honestly, it really doesn't make a difference whether you got the latest one.

Am I right that the older implants for Cochlear has 22 electrodes as well?

Hi,

If you read the link I provided and yes they were 22 electrodes as well. The really early ones were not that many if I recall. As far as electronic differnces

The Freedom Implant has some sort of extra that N24 doesn't have...to this day, I have no idea exactly what it is, but it has to do something with children not adults. So, honestly, it really doesn't make a difference whether you got the latest one.

Hi,

If you read the link I provided it stated 22 electrodes as well. As far as electronic differences I found this in a 2 min seach on the web; The CI24RE contains an improved NRT™ amplifier with a low noise floor of 1μV rms. This new amplifier allows for faster and more accurate NRT recordings. Furthermore the Freedom Cochlear Implant offers a wider range of speech coding strategies using stimulation rates of up to 32.000 pulses per second.

I think everybody that got Cochlear processors after 2006, got the Freedom Implant. :) So no worries there. Honestly, it doesn't matter because the internal is pretty much the same for the last 20 years...they just changed it to a curling array with N24 CA.

just an update. went back to see the surgeon today and he removed the staples and said it looked fine. and found out there wasnt any packing in the ear. the triage nurse we talked to told us wrong. he said they used some type of glue to hold the electrode in place. so thats the pressure that feels like my ear is plugged. hopefully itll go away over time. and he said the numbness in my tongue and bad taste should go away too. and we talked about if it works out well for me when its activated and i do good overall with this one eventually we may do the other ear too.

Way to go!! All that cleaning paid off!! I'm glad it went well...hope everything else gets back to normal

That's great, ncff07! Here's wishing you continued success! :D

Way to go!! All that cleaning paid off!! I'm glad it went well...hope everything else gets back to normal

thanks. the surgeon said he thinks it will work well for me.. guess ill have to wait the 2 more weeks for the hook up. im getting antsy!

couple things though.. it did kill all the residual hearing i had in that ear so im completly deaf in the left ear now. wasnt much left in it anyways. and theres a high ridge where the incision was so i imagine itll be a heck of a scar.

the picture looked like there could be..but who knows..I think I had a ridge with my c-section when it had staples and now you can bearly even see the scar..but a huge difference between the head and the tummy

and theres a high ridge where the incision was so i imagine itll be a heck of a scar.

There shouldn't be. I don't have any scars following my surgeries in 2004 and 2006. I had dissolveable stitches for my first CI and nylon staples for my second.

There shouldn't be. I don't have any scars following my surgeries in 2004 and 2006. I had dissolveable stitches for my first CI and nylon staples for my second.

he used metal staples... just had them taken out yesterday and its gone down some already. its raised about like a bee sting would be just a constant line then entire length of the incision just more narrow. my mom is a nurse i had her look at it and she said it looked fine and there would probably always be a scar there and the hair probably wouldnt grow back where the incision was. already got a small place where theres no hair! :laugh2:

It kind of depends if you form keloids too what kind of scars are left from surgery.

I was implanted in 2000 and in 2007 i received my freedom

Back