NCAA tourney time

hohDougRN

Reaction score
With the NCAA tourney arriving this week.....what are your picks for Elite 8- Final Four- and National Champion.

What teams do you think have chances to upset lower seeds in opening couple rounds? why? Maybe some of you with local insights on some teams can give us some knowledge that may affect our bracket filling out.

North Texas has a great chance (for a 15 seed against KSU)

I will have to look at the bracket. Kansas Kentucky and Duke will be tough.

I also think BYU may reach the sweet 16.

Hmmm.....lets see

I have majoy confidence issues with BYU- they've lost 7 straight opening round games in NCAA tourney. I know every year is a different team, so essentially that doesn't mean much, except when evaluating a coach's history of motivating players and appropriate preparation for big games. BYU's big games against New Mexico did not go well for BYU this year (0-2) Not to mention not playing very well against UNLV in MWC tourney. Add onto this, I was quite fearful when I saw the matchup against Florida. This made a difficult enough pick in the first round, let alone putting them through Clemente and KSU in second round.

Thats my insider tip on BYU seeing that I get quite a few opportunities to evaluate BYU and other MWC teams. In one of my brackets I took BYU in first round, in the other I picked Florida. All in all even knowing BYU it was one of my most difficult picks for the first round.

Other games I have difficulty with picks were:

Oklahoma St/ Georgia Tech
Northern Iowa/ UNLV (I haven't seen N Iowa and know nothing about them)
Minnesota/ Xavier
Purdue/ Sienna
Louisville/ Cal
Cornell/ Temple
Wake Forest/ Texas

Hmmm.....lets see

I have majoy confidence issues with BYU- they've lost 7 straight opening round games in NCAA tourney. I know every year is a different team, so essentially that doesn't mean much, except when evaluating a coach's history of motivating players and appropriate preparation for big games. BYU's big games against New Mexico did not go well for BYU this year (0-2) Not to mention not playing very well against UNLV in MWC tourney. Add onto this, I was quite fearful when I saw the matchup against Florida. This made a difficult enough pick in the first round, let alone putting them through Clemente and KSU in second round.

Thats my insider tip on BYU seeing that I get quite a few opportunities to evaluate BYU and other MWC teams. In one of my brackets I took BYU in first round, in the other I picked Florida. All in all even knowing BYU it was one of my most difficult picks for the first round.

Other games I have difficulty with picks were:

Oklahoma St/ Georgia Tech
Northern Iowa/ UNLV (I haven't seen N Iowa and know nothing about them)
Minnesota/ Xavier
Purdue/ Sienna
Louisville/ Cal
Cornell/ Temple
Wake Forest/ Texas

Well it's a 15 vs 2 but remember I said watch out for North Texas

In your tough games I like GT,UNLV,Xavier,Sienna,Louisville,Temple and Wake.

My bracket is done. Ready for tomorrow......Great day

My Final Four teams are: Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse and Villanova.

I have chosen Kansas to be the national champions.

There is a upset in making.... Robert Morris is leading 55-47 over Villanova with 3 1/2 minutes left. :shock:

ha ha i look at my hubby's list.

he picked Kansas to be national champion. However, he plays it safe for backs up is West Virginia to be naitonal champion. yea it is all about $

In his heart that he wanted Syracuse but he knows.. eh. If syr happens to win the champion then i will kick his ass real bad because i want to win the bet $$. lol

Villanova has made a comeback to tie the game. Now they are in OT.

3/3 now. That game was close whew. Nova losing would have destroyed my bracket.

I have Kentucky in the end....Almost went with 'cuse

Norte Dame lost..wow, hardly believe. Florida lost, wow.

Kentucky, 'Cuse, Kansas, and Duke will be in Final 4.

Kentucky vs Kansas will be in Championship, then Kansas win Championship.

4/5......That's in the top 4% on ESPN though. Missed Vandy....at least I had vandy losing 2nd round so I won't lose points there

Just woke up, looks like I missed a lot of interesting games so far today. Hmmm....looks like in my one bracket I have 4/5 so pretty good considering.

Frisky Feline- I have Syracuse winning National Championchip in my bracket so we'll have to see about that one.

My initial excitement of getting my upset pick of Murray St over Vandy correct, was rapidly gone when finding out Notre Dame lost to OD. Especially because I had them winning the next round too. GRR

YAY!!! 6/7 now! Damn it- Butler better not let me down here. Looks like they're in a tight game

'Cuse will not win National Champions.

Kansas will.

Kentucky will not.

Just woke up, looks like I missed a lot of interesting games so far today. Hmmm....looks like in my one bracket I have 4/5 so pretty good considering.

Frisky Feline- I have Syracuse winning National Championchip in my bracket so we'll have to see about that one.

I d love to see syr winning national championship this year. :D

Back