NC Newbie

amandak

Reaction score
:wave: Hello! I'm new to the site and joined in hopes of making new friends (local or not) and continue to learn more ASL. I'm from Maiden, NC. I have always wanted to learn how to sign since I was young and never had to chance until I found some non-credit college courses. I am now in taking part 2 of the class :) I have only 1 friend that is deaf and I only get to see him at church :( so maybe I can find other friends (deaf or hoh or hearing). I suppose if your not local we could use a video chat? But anyways... I'll be here waiting for friends! :fingersx:

Thanks for welcoming me! I don't know where else to post this so I figured my intro thread would do just as well.... :/ BUT.... I am attending my very first deaf event this evening. I happened to google "deaf coffee chats" today and found a local one just an hour ago and had time to plan the trip with my sis-in-law (she's going to ASL classes with me...and it's her first also)... wish me luck with not signing like a "tard" ha ha ha!

Back