Nc Deaf Man Shot While Trying To Asl

Yeah that may had not been the best words to use , but this just so tragic and senseless to had happen. We'll never know why Mr. Harris didn't pull over and what he was thinking about the whole time , the officer's body cam isn't going tell this . I feel this just as importance or maybe more so .
Perhaps this story will explain why he didn't pull over in his absence. It's already been reported that Mr. Harris had had several run ins with the police and the charges in them had been dropped once he got to court, so perhaps he feared for his safety in pulling over where witnesses were not present, unfortunately, we will never know why he did what he did. .https://www.aclu.org/blog/police-brutality-and-deaf-people

Perhaps this story will explain why he didn't pull over in his absence. It's already been reported that Mr. Harris had had several run ins with the police and the charges in them had been dropped once he got to court, so perhaps he feared for his safety in pulling over where witnesses were not present, unfortunately, we will never know why he did what he did. .https://www.aclu.org/blog/police-brutality-and-deaf-people
I had already posted about this on one of my comment.

Well, classmates of his have said he was a bit "off" but a nice person, otherwise. Maybe mild mental health problems but I don't want to speculate. I think he just panicked and wanted to get home. Its just that driving is a privilege rather than a right and screening for mental health issues isn't done anywhere that I know of...to obtain a driver's license, that is.....
I agree about not wanting to speculate about why he didn't stop etc.

Well, classmates of his have said he was a bit "off" but a nice person, otherwise. Maybe mild mental health problems but I don't want to speculate. I think he just panicked and wanted to get home. Its just that driving is a privilege rather than a right and screening for mental health issues isn't done anywhere that I know of...to obtain a driver's license, that is.....
It might not be a bad screening some people with the increase of road rage today. I had drivers get angry at me when asking me direction and when I tell them I can't hear them they get angrier . So I just say I don't know and walk away.

Sadly, unfortunately, it probably will. Everyones life matters!
I know everyone live matter , and I hate having to agree that this could happen again. :( I guess we all have to safe drivers and give the police no reasons to pull us over.

Hmmm, just not trying to get away from the police and sit still in your car when you are pulled over would keep you alive , I guess.

I forgot to mention the reason for my last line above is that I have seen in many quarters, deaf folks who wanna convict Mr. Harris have said all kinds of nasty things and saying he couldn't have gotten a driver's license if he was "off", etc, ad nauseam....

I forgot to mention the reason for my last line above is that I have seen in many quarters, deaf folks who wanna convict Mr. Harris have said all kinds of nasty things and saying he couldn't have gotten a driver's license if he was "off", etc, ad nauseam....

Tousi, did you mean to imply that screening for mental health should also be done for a driver's license, or just that it isn't done? Sorry, I got confused.

I didn't catch up with the news when I was out of town. I keep reading vague reports, but I'd rather to wait for a real report. Obviously, he has history of dealing with the police. I've heard from others who knew him that Daniel Harris had some issues, no details. What a unfortunate situation.

I believe driving is a privilege. Some people I think should haven't gotten a driver's license. They could use a car as a weapon.

Tousi, did you mean to imply that screening for mental health should also be done for a driver's license, or just that it isn't done? Sorry, I got confused.
I meant checking for emotional stability just isn't done.....for purposes of obtaining a driver's license, that is.....

I meant checking for emotional stability just isn't done.....for purposes of obtaining a driver's license, that is.....

I got ya. I had a big answer all planned if you meant the other case, but then you had to go and choose this one and mess up my fun lol

Back