NBC: No Captions since last several days!

web730

Reaction score
I was watching Notre Dame game last Sat. and few hour shows on NBC in last several days yet all of them had no captions at all... even prime-time news either!

Just turned on TV to recheck and still no captioning a moment ago.

Will wait a week and see if they still don't use captions at all, I will request NAD to file complaint against them if applicable.

It's very unusual of NBC for a long time. Have you noticed it yet?

Only I don't care if no captions on ND games cuz I prefer no cc on football games, anyway.

Shame on NBC!

Watching NBC all evening and there is certainly captioning. I do not think the problem is with NBC

I have two televisions - both showed the same thing... odd.

Other shows on other channels do have captions.

Maybe it has to do with my Comcast cable connection? :hmm:

Thanks for checking it out on your ends... so I know now it must be something ado with my cable end here.... grrr. Guess, I will need to call local office and find out.

Any chance you live in Saint Augustine, Florida? A friend of mine watched Heroes tonight, she told me that it wasn't captioned. She lives in Florida.

You may want to check with the NBC's Jacksonville-Duval affiliate (WTLV-12).

Glad I am not the only person who doesn't like to have CC on during live sports!

NBC has been fine for me. Very strange that it is okay on your other channels and only NBC isn't working. Who is your cable provider? I would call for technical support because the problem is obviously on their end.

Jax and St. Augustine resulted the same... it seems like it has to do something with the cable end or something like that.

Will call 'em tmw then.

Friend of mine who use U-verse, he wasn't able to get Heroes with CC on NBC. During the same night, I able to watch it with CC under Charter.

So, it's cable company's fault.

Contact your local NBC station. Sometimes my local NBC station runs some experiments and causes CC to behave erractically or stop working. I write e-mails to them and they usually revert back to original settings in their equipment and all is well.

Even if you have cable, the issue can still be from local NBC station because cable companies get direct feed from local station. I would also contact your cable company if the local NBC station claims the problem is from cable company.

Peter

Contact your local NBC station. Sometimes my local NBC station runs some experiments and causes CC to behave erractically or stop working. I write e-mails to them and they usually revert back to original settings in their equipment and all is well.

Even if you have cable, the issue can still be from local NBC station because cable companies get direct feed from local station. I would also contact your cable company if the local NBC station claims the problem is from cable company.

Peter

It's not always local NBC station, it could be cable company. I have told my previous post this thread.

I actually know a friend who noticed that shows that are usually CC'd are not and its ALWAYS comcast.....

grrrr on the local FL stations! I use Litestream. Anyone use that?

What about low ratings? Just recently that one about NBC's TV ratings:
Ratings: 'Heroes' Falls Further Monday - ABC, CBS lead the night as NBC stumbles - Zap2it

Oh, my God. It's your cable company's fault...? I feel sorry for NBC. I hope you can look for find problems to your cable company about lacking of closed-captioning.
I will see on the TV, wait... hang on... there was turn TV on, and I checked
NBC on the cable without digital cable box, and CC looks fine.
This is my cable from Comcast Twin Cities.

Last edited:
I would still contact local NBC station. My local NBC station manager told me they provide direct feed to our local cable company. If that's the case, then it's likely the fault is from local NBC station, not cable company. It does not hurt to contact them. The worse they can say it's the cable company's fault. Be sure to specify your issue is digital or analog CC. The original poster did not specify the digital or analog CC and it's a big difference.

Peter

Back