Nbc Hd

Deaf RaGe

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm having a probleme with the CC on NBC HD. The television I have is a 32" Samsung and I have a PVR from Scientific Atlanta, plugged in with an HDMI cable. The image is fantastic, it look really great and the CC works well on most HD station. I say "most" because it doesn't work at all on NBC HD. I tried watching Heroes last monday and there was no CC, however there was on the standard NBC. I noticed this happens when the show is in HD, like Saturday Night Live, Tonight Show, etc. I tried every CC channel, 1 to 6, and it never appeared. Has anybody noticed this or am I the only one?

I have a similar problem with our local Reno, NV NBC station. When HD was first broadcast several years ago, HD CC worked fine until about six months ago when NBC local news switched to HD. Now, all HD programs EXCEPT local news do not broadcast HD. Local news is now HD and CC works perfectly. Whatever they did to local news screwed up CC for other HD programs.

I sent an e-mail to local NBC station and they replied back saying that I need to set CC to Basic CC1 in my TV. The problem is that my TV with built-in HDTV tuner is four years old and CC for HD does not have Basic CC1. It has Advanced CC which is supposed to be a standard for HD. Today's Sony TVs support both Basic and Advance CC for HD programs. I know Samsung TVs do not support Basic CC1 for HD CC because my friend has a Samsung and he tested CC from NBC HD programs and HD CC did not work.

I have a computer with Media Center Edition and two HDTV tuners. The PVR software has both Basic and Advance CC for HD. I switched CC to Basic CC1 and viola CC works for all NBC HD programs.

FYI, I am using Over the Air (OTA) antenna. I do not have cable or Satellite.

Are you using OTA antenna, satellite or cable with your Scientific Atlanta PVR? Try to find Basic CC1 setting in your PVR.

If that does not help, contact your local NBC station or Scientific Atlanta and I am sure they will promptly reply.

Peter

I do have both basic and advance in my PVR machine, nothing work. I will try contacting my local station and also Scientifi Atlanta. I also contacted my cable provider who will contact NBC about that issue. Thanks!

Back