Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp in music video using ASL!

UNYTruthHunters

Reaction score
Natalie Portman and Johnny "Jack Sparrow" Depp in music video called, "My Valentine" that was directed by Sir Paul McCarthy of the Beatles fame.

I could not link the video but you can search through the net all of those words I mentioned above.

Their signing is not too bad but Johnny made two mistakes. One he almost goofed with wrong sign and the last sign with heart. He used two middle fingers pointing out while rest of his fingers clasped in. It is ok. He is not perfect. Must be they used a Hearing Interpreter who were signing and those two stars copied what the interrpeter signed.

Great video though!

Savvy!!

Natalie Portman, well, yeah, sure what she did was nice...she was trained but still pretty nice. Now, Johnny, lol, well, there was a "sign" or two in there but he was mostly "gesturing"........still, and all, it was nice.....

yeah tousi i agree i was kinda of laughing at depp's sign for sweetheart sign. I am not surprised though. I got to give them pat on back for doing this and learn signs for the video. I am going post this in fb as well XD i want to see their reactions as well.

yeah tousi i agree i was kinda of laughing at depp's sign for sweetheart sign. I am not surprised though. I got to give them pat on back for doing this and learn signs for the video. I am going post this in fb as well XD i want to see their reactions as well.

I agree...they were not out to tell us that they can sign and all. The way they "did" it, though, was nice....

I think it was more for artistic expression than for showcasing ASL.

Just my opinion though.

Natalie was much better but still it was a good song and Johnny tried! He played a nice guitar solo! Thanks for sharing this.

It is ok. He is not perfect. Must be they used a Hearing Interpreter who were signing and those two stars copied what the interrpeter signed.

That explain why Johnny looks angry. "Ughh, should I follow that sign? fuck that"

Johnny Depp & Natalie Portman Under Fire For WHAT!?!Filed under: Music Minute > Paul McCartney > Johnny Depp > Natalie Portman

Uh Oh!!

Someone is breaking Paul McCartney's heart!

In his new music video collection for My Valentine, Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp pay homage to the beautiful language of sign.

Unfortunately, the sign amateurs hit a few wrong gestures and ended up saying "tampon" instead of "appear" and "enemy" instead of "valentine."

Oooh….

So a rep for the British Deaf Association has spoken up: Read the rest of this entry »

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton

What is the sign for tampon?

ykxlw.jpg

cool i never knew that sign never bother to learn that lol boy i need to improve my signs :/

Despite the flubs, overall it's a nice artistic rendition. The big names draw the attention of the hearing audience.

Kudos to Sir Paul for thinking outside the box. :)

Just so I don't make the same mistake... "appear" is with the ONE hand turned out, "tampon" is with the ONE hand turned in, right?

Just so I don't make the same mistake... "appear" is with the ONE hand turned out, "tampon" is with the ONE hand turned in, right?

That was my impression, too, but also that the flat hand is a little higher for appear.

Expert advise?

One of my daughters said she looked this up and the ASL teacher said Natalie had a day and a half to practice and Johnny Depp had about fifteen minutes.

I'm not sure whose fault it is that he only had about fifteen minutes between learning the sign and performing it on the video.

Back