NASA's Kepler Space Telescope finds potential planetary bonanza

not really exciting to me though. why? "You can look but you can't touch" :mad2:

That is neat. They have found more planets with that technology than in the past 10 years combined. Imagine what even better technology will find.

That is neat. They have found more planets with that technology than in the past 10 years combined. Imagine what even better technology will find.

So far we have found 461 exoplanets. It could be more than 1,000 when the astronomers and astrophysicists verify on whether they are planets or else.

not really exciting to me though. why? "You can look but you can't touch" :mad2:

Well, we have been looking at the stars for what, 2-4+ thousand years..

From the 1st flight of a airplane in 1903 to the first man in space 58 years later.. We have made leaps in the last 100 years..

Think about it, in the lifespan on one person, we went from "only the birds can fly" to "we put a man on the moon?".. The possibility that we reach the next planet I am guessing is not far off, then farther.

First we have to find a better fuel supply. Then we have to figure out how to travel faster than the speed of light. I don't think it will ever happen. So I have to agree with Jiro.

One of these days, we're gonna be able to zoom in onto one of those planets and see someone there looking at us! :Ohno:

Well, we have been looking at the stars for what, 2-4+ thousand years..

From the 1st flight of a airplane in 1903 to the first man in space 58 years later.. We have made leaps in the last 100 years..

Think about it, in the lifespan on one person, we went from "only the birds can fly" to "we put a man on the moon?".. The possibility that we reach the next planet I am guessing is not far off, then farther.

yawn

That's interesting and will forward to check out with that.

use the antimatter energy to develop a large enough magnetic field to fold the universe enabling easier travel.

How amazing is that? Truly amazing. :)

I can't wait to hear more. :cool2:

Hopefully the discovery of extraterrestrial life doesn't end up like Hawking predicted in his TV show...as aliens coming to Earth as hostiles. *shudder*

Back