Nasal infection

*sigh* WE I *know* this. Please, just tell me what the surgery was like, if you know. If you don't, then please don't post. Thank you.

Oh sorry. I just had a long talk with my friend on VP. You will not feel the pain after the surgery. I woke up, and I had a small swelling, but no pain. That's it.

P.S. Maybe, you may see usual lights above you in the operation. It has beautiful colorful LEDs - blue, green, and white. It is very usual shape that looks like a beehive. It makes you feel like that you are in a Christmas room. I love it. Please don't be scare. You will be fine for sure.

Oh sorry. I just had a long talk with my friend on VP. You will not feel the pain after the surgery. I woke up, and I had a small swelling, but no pain. That's it.

P.S. Maybe, you may see usual lights above you in the operation. It has beautiful colorful LEDs - blue, green, and white. It is very usual shape that looks like a beehive. It makes you feel like that you are in a Christmas room. I love it. Please don't be scare. You will be fine for sure.

Thank you. I'm nervous. I will be partially awake during the surgery, so I hope I don't see any lights and what not. I want to be as unaware as possible.

I do, too. I've had issues ever since I was a kid. I really debated about having this done for alot of reasons. This will be my third surgery in two years, and for that reason alone, I wanted to try other things first. I tried antibiotics for the infections, nasal sprays and nasal washes, but none of that was effective. I have chronic sinus infections, and I can't stay on antibiotics indefinitely, so I opted for surgery. I hope against hope it's my only one, but I don't know. Most of the time, the polyps reoccur, so I'll probably have to have this surgery again, which really stinks! But, I'll roll the dice and hope for the best.

Thanks for your well wishes. Seems when I left AD, I was about to have surger, and now that I'm back, I'm about to have surgery. I could be accused of liking this crap! But, that is so not true! :lol:

Thanks, dear. I'll update this thread after things are done on Wed. :)

Welcome and please do update the thread as i want to make sure you are ok and all. :) Tahnks!

i have tried antbitoics and got better.. but a month later i got sick again.. now im sick again from allergies.. i wanna try the sinus rinse and see if it will help? i wonder??? hmm..

Have small perforation from deviated septum....I use triple antibiotic ointment which helps control some and moisturizes.
Until I can aford surgery......anyone know how much surgury cost for deviated septum? approximate ballpark?

Have small perforation from deviated septum....I use triple antibiotic ointment which helps control some and moisturizes.
Until I can aford surgery......anyone know how much surgury cost for deviated septum? approximate ballpark?

Sorry, Cowpuppy. I don't. I DO know that medicaid won't pay for it here becaust it's considered plastic surgery , so I'm NOT having that done right now. I will have that done later after I move. Right now, I'm just having the polyps removed. An ENT is doing the surgery and my insurance is paying for it.

Welcome and please do update the thread as i want to make sure you are ok and all. :) Tahnks!

i have tried antbitoics and got better.. but a month later i got sick again.. now im sick again from allergies.. i wanna try the sinus rinse and see if it will help? i wonder??? hmm..

I will, I promise :)

I am in that position as well. I'm fighting recurrent sinus infections. It's gotten to where I've been sick every few weeks. I've tried antiobiotics, nasal sprays, and the sinus wash. It's not helped me at all, so I decided to have the surgery. It was not without alot of thought. I did NOT want to have this done, but I have to. :(

I had a Sinus infection for 3 years. After my dad have passed away. I became a sick with bronchitis from a smoking stick into house. I lived in the dorm. There is 2 much germs and bacteria. I got a MONO once time. When I was 18. I found it out I had 2 cysts in my sinus nasal from MRI Scan. After I graduated from High School. I had a sinus surgery to remove 2 cysts. I used to cold and coughing a lot. After surgery it's reduced nose runny. I am so happy it's all over!

Thank you. I'm nervous. I will be partially awake during the surgery, so I hope I don't see any lights and what not. I want to be as unaware as possible.

Just a bit of reassurance. Chances are your doctor will give you a drug that has an amnesiac effect. You will be awake enough to respond if the doctor should give you an order, like asking you to swallow, but you will feel no pain, and will remember nothing of the surgery once you are fully conscious. One of the most common drugs for any procedure where they need the patient's cooperation is a drug called Versette. It sedates you, and provides the amnesiac effect. You might ask your ENT if he is planning to use a medication like this.

Gee. I wouldn't want to see my doctors to work on my nasal during the operation. I rather myself to go to sleep so that I wouldn't think about it at all. I'm glad that I did that a couple of years ago. If I am awake, I would shit out my ass for sure. I am not brave this way.

Just a bit of reassurance. Chances are your doctor will give you a drug that has an amnesiac effect. You will be awake enough to respond if the doctor should give you an order, like asking you to swallow, but you will feel no pain, and will remember nothing of the surgery once you are fully conscious. One of the most common drugs for any procedure where they need the patient's cooperation is a drug called Versette. It sedates you, and provides the amnesiac effect. You might ask your ENT if he is planning to use a medication like this.

You know your stuff! The drug is versed. I've had it before, and I'll be given that this time, along with duragesic (aka fentanyl). I am familiar with the procedure and all that, but still nervous. I guess I wouldn't be human if I wasn't nervous... I got a call from the outpatient dept today. I'm to be there @ 6:30am for the prep. My surgery is @ 8am. It shouldn't take more than an hr...I should be home by afternoon unless something weird happens...

I'll update asap. :)

Thank you for reassuring me... I'm being a baby, but I want it over with now.

Gee. I wouldn't want to see my doctors to work on my nasal during the operation. I rather myself to go to sleep so that I wouldn't think about it at all. I'm glad that I did that a couple of years ago. If I am awake, I would shit out my ass for sure. I am not brave this way.

I have issues with general anesthetics that made me opt for IV sedation. I don't like it much either, but its safer for me. Otherwise, I'd need to spend the night in the hospital for monitering, and I'd rather not do that.

You know your stuff! The drug is versed. I've had it before, and I'll be given that this time, along with duragesic (aka fentanyl). I am familiar with the procedure and all that, but still nervous. I guess I wouldn't be human if I wasn't nervous... I got a call from the outpatient dept today. I'm to be there @ 6:30am for the prep. My surgery is @ 8am. It shouldn't take more than an hr...I should be home by afternoon unless something weird happens...

I'll update asap. :)

Thank you for reassuring me... I'm being a baby, but I want it over with now.

Thanks fopr correcting my spelling! And you are not being a baby...you are being human.

Thanks fopr correcting my spelling! And you are not being a baby...you are being human.

You're welcome! :cool2:

I'm on pins and needles. Of all the surgery I've had, this is by far one of the least, but I just do. not. like. anything involving ENT stuff. I'm squeamish!!

Its done and over with

I had the surgery this morning. Got home about an hr ago. They removed the polyps and removed a lot of infected material that had collected behind the polyps. I have a list of stuff I can and can't do, and also, instructions on how to care for this. I'm on antibiotics for the next several days, as well as pain med.

All in all, I'm ok. Just very tired.

That's so great. It's finished and done. You will feel much better soon. You will have sense of smells from all kind of things that you didn't know about. Now, just be careful with blowing your nose. The blood will dried up in two or three days. Are you in pain now? :confused:

I am very glad to hear that all went well. Now you rest and and recuperate.:hug:

That's so great. It's finished and done. You will feel much better soon. You will have sense of smells from all kind of things that you didn't know about. Now, just be careful with blowing your nose. The blood will dried up in two or three days. Are you in pain now? :confused:

I have packing, and I'm not allowed to touch it for a week. I go back next week to have it removed. I am in a LOT of pain now. Wasn't earlier, but I guess thats because of the drugs they gave me. He did alot of "work" in there, though. Not just removing the polyps. I had two large polyps that were removed. I also have alot of scar tissue from all the tubes and things that were put in during my other (unrelated) surgeries. He scraped away infection. That's probably why I hurt.

I have packing, and I'm not allowed to touch it for a week. I go back next week to have it removed. I am in a LOT of pain now. Wasn't earlier, but I guess thats because of the drugs they gave me. He did alot of "work" in there, though. Not just removing the polyps. I had two large polyps that were removed. I also have alot of scar tissue from all the tubes and things that were put in during my other (unrelated) surgeries. He scraped away infection. That's probably why I hurt.

Yep, your tissue is traumatized. And that packing is miserable. Poor you.

OMG! I stunned. I don't know what to say. A least that the infection is gone which is important. Perhaps, you could watch some movies to get your mind off from the pain or surf around on the internet.

Yep, your tissue is traumatized. And that packing is miserable. Poor you.

The whole thing is miserable. From what I've been told, the first week is hell. After that, it's not *as bad*. It'll take 4-6 wks to heal everything. Right now, I don't wanna know what's ahead.

Back