Names

Well, depends on what you're looking for?

I know some couples who like to keep their family with the same first letter.

Kinda like parents named Stephen and Stephanie having kids named Stacy, Samantha, Samuel, etc.

Or, do you want names that have meanings... or names that don't sound like jokes (Stephanie = Step On Me)?

Oh jeez! thanks! my name is Stephanie, I got teazed more about my last name and the fact I am almost 6 foot tall and a girl than I did my frist name. I was one of the first kids to hit puberty which made me taller than most of the kids anyway on top of the fact I was going to be tall anyway and my maiden name was Green so I got teased like the canned vegatable company Green Giant. I know it's just an example, I am not ill or anything, just letting you know some of us did get to skip some of the pick on names.

I have picked out Mina Elizabeth for a girl because Wilhelmina was my fave character in a book that I read and it stuck with me and Elizabeth after my sister in law Lizzy. I have come up with several names for a boy but so far have been rejected by my husband, (we are toying with the name Arthur Alan After his dad maybe), so we are still working on that. It will still be a few more years before we can adopt but when we can I want a girl dearly if possible and if not then that will be fine too. I can't have kids due to my ex hubby beating the living crap out of me 14 years ago so when my hubby Tony gets his citizenship card (he is British) we are going to adopt.

my two little ones are called Shannon (Irish family) and Violet Rose (after my gran)

I like other names like :

Girls names :

Elliana
Mia
Kaitlyn
Aoife (pronounced eva - Irish Origin, I really love that name ! )

Boys Names:

Leland
Kyle
Morgan
Tyler

Oh jeez! thanks! my name is Stephanie, I got teazed more about my last name and the fact I am almost 6 foot tall and a girl than I did my frist name. I was one of the first kids to hit puberty which made me taller than most of the kids anyway on top of the fact I was going to be tall anyway and my maiden name was Green so I got teased like the canned vegatable company Green Giant. I know it's just an example, I am not ill or anything, just letting you know some of us did get to skip some of the pick on names.
Don't feel bad.

I've been teased before because my name is a man's name and a female's name. Even worse, the letter 'a' can be added to the end as well.

When I may relay calls, half of them refer to me as "ma'am". :(

When I worked at a local video rental store, a guy was checking out his movies. When I was scanning his movies, he saw my name tag and said... "Hey, that's my wife's name too!" *groans*

yeah and my name is Ginger.. I always was asked if my real name is Virginia? I said NO its not on my birth certificate! its Ginger thats it! but you know most ladies whose name are Virginia tend to be called Ginger, Ginny, ginnie etc.. so obivously it made sense ? but it aint true in my case as mine is Ginger, period! heh! So my nickname come to Gin, Ginny, Ginnie, etc.. ha.. not that mind as long as it is not Virginia! grr! :P

My son name is Tyler John. I was going to name him Austin. My mom said no. Jordan? my mom said no not after a middle east city. I was like hmm. I was trying to come up with different name. Not a common one, you know?
Trey, No. Dallas? no.. Drake? no.. Trey.. No.. finally saw the name Tyler on a street sign on teh way to dr appt when i was 7 1/2 months and it stick. My mom liked it. and everyone else too. Tyler it is... but when my son was born. I called him Tyler.. He didnt respond at all.. thinking back to when my dads shop name was T' jay's so I thought T.J. and i tried calling him that.. he SMILED and responded to me.. so TJ it is... LOL....

^ I like that name, Dillon ... :cool2:

Deaf Mortgage ...

Down in Oz, we have names like Cooper, Ethan, Quinn, Hayden, Jack(son), Zachary, Sienna, Hayley, Keira, Mia, Imogen, Paige. :)

For boys I like Darren and Elijah

For girls I like Victoria and Madeline (although Madeline is over used, there are 4 Maddie's in my DDs preschool class alone)

I absolutely loathe unisex names although I do like the name 'Morgan'.

However, I'd pick a name that is pretty, easy to pronounce and has a powerful meaning behind the name.

I have a brother named Justin and a nephew named Jackson. My family finds it difficult to distinguish whom I'm talking about. Arrghhhh!

For a boy names i like Caleb Joshua Jacob Henare Zakariah

For a girl Savanna Mikayla Chelsea Vaughn Gabriela

Don't feel bad.

I've been teased before because my name is a man's name and a female's name. Even worse, the letter 'a' can be added to the end as well.

When I may relay calls, half of them refer to me as "ma'am". :(

When I worked at a local video rental store, a guy was checking out his movies. When I was scanning his movies, he saw my name tag and said... "Hey, that's my wife's name too!" *groans*

Isn't that kind of name called an "epicene?"

My best friend has the same problem. When I was pregnant with my first child, he made me promise on a Bible that I wouldn't pick an epicene name. LOL. So I named both of my girls after Disney princesses: Jasmine and Isabelle (for Belle).

I like Lehua (means flower), Donna, Konani (means bright), Leilani (means heavenly lei; royal child), Nani (means beautiful, pretty) and Nalani (means the calm of the sky) for the girls.

I like Ikaika (means strong; powerful), Palani (means a free man), James, Iolani, Kimo, and what more for the boys.

Back